Dress Regret

posted 2 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I do?
    Get the detachable skirt and alter the dress : (4 votes)
    7 %
    Get the skirt but don't alter the dress : (9 votes)
    16 %
    Keep your original dress! : (42 votes)
    76 %
  • Post # 2
    717 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

Honestly your dress is gorgeous and you look incredible. 

Post # 3
    11612 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

Your dress is gorgeous on you. 

That “no ball gowns for short people” myth isn’t true; if you want an overskirt for the ceremony, go for it.

Just know that your dress is already beautiful, this is all about details that make YOU feel your best. 

Post # 4
    106 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

You look great in the original dress and TBH, I don’t think your fiance would care about the dress you’re wearing afterall he’s marrying you not the dress. Also, his comment probably made you feel like you HAVE to buy a new dress or create a new dress since you’ve had the feeling of dress regret and that solidified your decision to scramble to find an alternative option. If you really aren’t happy with the dress you purchased, perhaps you can find a sample dress so you don’t run out of time and sell the current dress you have now. Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you decide! 

Post # 5
    717 posts
    Busy bee

I was at the shop for my bridesmaids’ dresses yesterday and they used to carry Alfred Angelo, now they’ve got all their samples on sale. Maybe find a shop doing the same in your area?

Post # 8
    31 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2018

I voted for keep your original dress because you look great in it. But I understand what it’s like to have dress regret. If you can’t shake that dress regret feeling I would definitely try on skirts with your dress, even if it just gets it out of your system. You may try some on and decide ballgowns are not for you. But if you feel great in a ballgown skirt I might recommend getting a detachable skirt for the ceremony, and then decide if you want to do your fitted dress for the reception. That way you kinda get the best of both worlds! Hope this helps!

Post # 9
    555 posts
    Busy bee

The photos didn’t load right away so I read tbe post first. Girl I was expecting something so terrible, not something that looks so good. You’re not a broom. It’s great. It’s all in your head. 

Post # 11
    661 posts
    Busy bee

I think your dress is very flattering. I wouldn’t have know you were petite at all from the pictures. 

Frankly I think that it is more common to choose the wrong dress when out with an entourage. There is so much pressure to find “the one” that people agree to lackluster dresses. But shopping by yourself, I think you get a more honest opinion of your own desires without outside pressures. If you didnt say “yes” to anything with the entourage but said “yes” to this alone, maybe this is the dress that is really you. Not them. Just you. 

Post # 12
    356 posts
    Helper bee

Now I want cheese fries.

Post # 13
    545 posts
    Busy bee

If you are changing your mind just Bc of something you Fiance said, then I say keep the dress. If you really do envision yourself in a ballgown, i say get the skirt. 

My husband mentioned he didn’t like ballgowns, and you better believed I walked my happy bottom down the isle in one because it’s what i had always wanted.lol He of course didn’t even realize because it was me wearing the dress and not a random person and could not stop telling me how beautiful I looked. 

Post # 14
    1247 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

cheesefries :  The other dresses are beautiful, but you look stunning in the dress you have now!!!  In my opinion, I would keep it.  You truly look lovely. 

Post # 15
    2181 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

You look stunning!!! My opinion is that you should keep the dress the way it is.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors