Dress Regret

posted 2 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I do?
    Get the detachable skirt and alter the dress : (4 votes)
    7 %
    Get the skirt but don't alter the dress : (9 votes)
    16 %
    Keep your original dress! : (42 votes)
    76 %
  • Post # 16
    469 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

cheesefries :  he’ll think you look beautiful on the day i promise. 

Post # 17
    2630 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

I think your current dress looks totally amazing on you.  I wouldn’t change a thing.

Your Fiance probably doesn’t know what he’s talking about.  It will be totally different when he sees you in the dress.

Post # 18
    942 posts
    Busy bee

You look great, but get a ballgown if that’s what you want. I’m 5’1 and everyone says fit and flare works best. I purchased a slim A line which looks beautiful and has all the details I love, but I look like a broom to myself too. I have a more rectangular kind of silhouette so it made me look like a bridesmaid or something and did nothing for my figure or height.

I ended up getting the ballgown I initially wanted, with a slightly higher waistline. It made my figure look fuller and curvier. 🙂

Post # 19
    5035 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2017

I think you look great in your original dress, I voted you keep it as is.  What I think you should do to help ease your mind is go to a boutique that carries detachable skirts and try one on over your dress.  I feel its important to be true to who you are and your style on your wedding day.  So after trying the skirt if it makes you feel best then go with it.

Post # 21
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

Do not touch that dress! It (and you of course) look perfect! 

Post # 22
    745 posts
    Busy bee

I think you look beautiful. I’m very indecisive as well, one day I like something, another day I don’t. I always asked my baby brother for his opinion because I never could decide. Now when I’m picking out a special dress or the like and I’m not sure, I send him pictures of me in it to help me decide. I think you should stay with the dress you have, but if trying on a overskirt would help you decide, then do that. 🙂 Don’t worry about your Fiance, if he’s anything like my husband he probably won’t realize your dress looks like the one he said he didn’t like, and has probably already forgotten he ever said that. You look so pretty, that’s all he’ll think about.

Post # 23
    938 posts
    Busy bee

Do what makes you feel happy and comfortable!  I love your dress as is, if you want the opinion of a stranger.  It’s truly gorgeous!

Post # 26
    11585 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

cheesefries :  Love it!

This one works, I would be afraid to get the fuller one without trying it on because depending on how gathers are sewn with tulle, sometimes they can add bulk there that’s not easy to wear for shorter women. 

I do think a super full skirt would look amazing, but if you can’t try one on, I would go with the one you did try  on. 

Post # 29
    189 posts
    Blushing bee

cheesefries :  do you mind sharing the designer and style of the horsehair layered overskirt in the pic? So pretty! Also what etsy shop did you find?? Thanks!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors