Dress Regret :(

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1189 posts
Bumble bee

I think that if you were initially really wowed by y our dress, you should keep it.  I think that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with asking for another seamstress.  You will be getting what you want and the shop will be made aware of a seamstress that thinks she knows best.  It’s a win for both sides.

Post # 3
Hostess
3158 posts
Sugar bee

Can you post pics? Objective opinions might help!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I actually love the dress and think it’s very flattering on you! I think I would probably find a new seamstress that you feel communicates with you better. I suspect it’s more of an issue with how you’re feeling with the body changes, but you look great in the dress!

Post # 7
302 posts
Helper bee

I agree that dress is amazing and you look gorgeous in it! 

Post # 8
Hostess
3158 posts
Sugar bee

Bee, the dress looks beautiful on you! Very romantic and timeless dress. I think the issues you’ve mentioned should be very easy for a seamstress to handle. But I agree with sseaking – it’s concerning your seamstress doesn’t seem to be listening to you. You have to be able to have a good relationship with them so the dress fits your vision of what you want. Is there a possibility of finding a new seamstress?

Post # 9
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I agree with what sseaking said. Objectively, you look lovely in that dress and the dress itself is gorgeous, too. So, I think it’s less of a dress-issue and more of a self-love-issue. But by all means ind a new seamstress who makes you feel comfortable. But I honestly don’t think there’s any reason to find a new dress.

Post # 11
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018 - Vaughan, ON

the dress looks beautiful on you. I do see what you’re saying. I could be wrong….but it looks like the sample sits lower in the bust and the waist line…your dress seems to sit higher which may be throwing you off in terms of the lines and how it forms to you overall

Post # 12
940 posts
Busy bee

This dress is fabulous and looks like perfection on you!! 

Post # 13
3971 posts
Honey bee

Beautiful dress and VERY flattering in my view! While I don’t mean to be dismissive of your concerns, I fail to see why the sight of you in that dress would reduce any bride to tears (3 times!). I wonder if there are other stresses clouding your judgment. 

Personally I think you can put a big tick next to “got the perfect dress” on your wedding-planning checklist.

Post # 14
132 posts
Blushing bee

Oh bee, you look lovely!! I think it’s really easy to doubt your choice before it’s fitted to you. If you aren’t comfortable with your seamstress I’d look elsewhere, but you look gorgeous. Also a tan changes my outlook on my appearance 100% so I get where you’re coming from. 

Post # 15
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

From the pictures, my thought is that the additional weight you are carrying since the first try on, combined with the straps being pinned in a different position the second time are contributing to both how you feel about the straps and the waistline. See if you can get paired with a new seamstress, and maybe also show them the first try on photos and point out what you liked about where the straps and the waist hit you the first time. I think it’s really just minor adjustments needed and it really does look very beautiful on you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors