Dress regret?

posted 1 year ago in Dress
Post # 2
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Could she send extra fabric for you to change the skirt? What was the agreement you had with her? You shouldnt be paying if it’s not what you agreed to and you won’t wear it!

Post # 4
1147 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Can we see it?

Post # 5
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

hermionegranger :  such a pain when people think they’re being helpful and really aren’t! 

I think you need to try it on so you know whether or not you actually like it, how well it fits, and what the potential is for change. Did she have your measurements? Does it have a train? It may be possible to alter to an a line.

Post # 6
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

My advice is to try it on before making any choices. If you try it on and don’t like it, then just be politely honest with your aunt. Tell her that while you love the dress, the shape doesn’t suit you and you don’t feel comfortable wearing it to your wedding. 

I went thru something similar and I regret not speaking out about what I was and wasn’t comfortable with.

Post # 10
3909 posts
Honey bee

Having the dress made for you without your involvement seems bizarre.  Did she know your measurements? I wonder if you could get an over skirt to give you the A line look?  Maybe you can keep the bodice but have the skirt remade? Perhaps when you try it on it won’t fit at all and you’ll be absolved from any obligation to wear it ( or it may look wonderful!)

Post # 12
3838 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I’m sorry she went to the trouble, but I mean if she just decided on the design without asking you, you can’t be blamed if you don’t like it!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors