Dress regret

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1182 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Ok honest opinion- the dress does absolutely nothing for your body. It may be because it is not tailored to fit you but if you have time, my advice would be to go and try more dresses on and find one that you love. 

Post # 3
2982 posts
Sugar bee

Are you able to return it? Or can you afford to buy another dress?

I agree with PP, it really doesn’t flatter you. But maybe it just needs to be altered?

Post # 4
3376 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
hayley97 :  if you want honesty – it’s just ok. it reads kinda bridesmaid-y to me and i dont think it’s really doing anything for your figure (it’s also not doing anything bad – but just kinda meh). can you afford another dress?

Post # 5
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Maybe I’m the exception here but I really like the dress on you! 

Post # 6
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

It’s a nice enough dress but it in no way flatters your figure – agree with PP that tailoring may help!

Post # 7
565 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
hayley97 :  I think your dress is very elegant. If you are really second guessing,  this site has some options around $100-$300

Wedding Dresses

Post # 8
85 posts
Worker bee

I love the dress because of the simplicity, so we may have the same style where we like the classier looks? Not really sure if that’s what to call it, but if you don’t feel 100% in love with the dress you should definitely keep looking, but also don’t let other peoples opinions sway your decision, pick the dress you feel the best in and love on you, it’s your wedding day not theirs. the photos do look like the dress hasn’t been tailored yet so once it is it may fit a lot better. Another option is adding a sash in the middle or one with crystals and such to spice it up, even adding maybe a few layers of tool on top with a sash to change it up? Just be creative and think of everything you want and have been looking for a in a dress 🙂 Either way it’s your wedding so all eyes will be on you. 

Don’t let the negative opinions/harsh responses get to you either.

Post # 9
85 posts
Worker bee

Or, try the dress on with a dramatic lace veil since you want a little more lace. 

Post # 10
3406 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
hayley97 :  Your dress has an  intricate and lovely design above the waist. The skirt, though simple, flows very nicely. You don’t need lace to have a bridal and interesting look! Here’s an idea: a cape instead of a veil, a floral vine for your hair, and classic pearl stud earrings:

View original reply
annabananax :  “Don’t let the negative opinions/harsh responses get to you either.”

The OP asked for opinions, and that’s what she’s been getting. No one has been harsh, no one has been negative. Contrary to what you seem to believe, differing opinions can be shared without the intention of  putting others down or mortifying the person who asked for them. As has been the case in this thread.

Post # 11
339 posts
Helper bee

I honestly think it’s a little too plain, not a harsh comments. I think you should get more laces, most of the dress I’ve seen have much more laces than this one…

Post # 12
85 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
claroquesi :  I never called anyone out on being negative/harsh? I have seen some people post on other peoples threads saying rude things which I think is not okay. I just wanted to try to keep the post positive…???

Post # 13
1641 posts
Bumble bee

The waistline is maybe a bit low and not hugging you enough.  If it were, it would be stunning.  I love the bottom and how flowy it is.  

What did you like about the dress when you chose it?

Post # 14
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: City, State

If you want to add a little “something” to it, try a belt! I saw some gorgeous ones last time I went dress shopping. They can really spruce up a simpler dress.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors