386 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

Sounds gorgeos! Can you post a pic?

Post # 3
4842 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

If the other dress you loved is from the same shop is it possible they would let you out the money towards the other dress? 

I’m sure both are lovely, champagne is still a really bridal colour and loads of brides wear it. 

Post # 4
3689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Champagne is definitely a bridal color! Do you have pics?

Post # 5
1464 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - City, State

I love champagne dresses! They’re so elegant and very bridal. Pics please!!

Post # 6
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Oh Bee! So sorry that you feel this way. Is it only that you think it‘s so different and this scares you? Or do you really like the other one better? As an other Bee said, ask them if you could change the dress for the other one in the shop if you really don‘t want it. 

and show us pictures please!

Post # 7
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

My dress color is “cashmere” which is basically champagne- and it looks very bridal. Especially since you picked the more “princessey” dress, I’m sure it will look very bridal. I know it is very easy to get stressed out and over think every detail of your wedding day (I’m very guilty of this) but try to take a deep breath. You picked this dress for a reason and I’m sure you will look and feel gorgeous on your big day!!

Post # 8
697 posts
Busy bee

Oh bee, I had this same moment of panic with my dress after choosing the champagne ivory versus just plain ivory. It’s such a long waiting period between when you order the dress and when you get to see it again. Once I saw my dress again i was so so so happy I went with my gut reaction at the store and got the champagne. It absolutely still looked bridal (also what I was paranoid about after ordering it). I think the champagne really made the skirt portion have more dimension, almost like when you get highlights/lowlights in your hair… it just kinda gives you some oomph. In the end I was super happy with my decision and felt it looked more elegant and fancy with the champagne. I was able to see photos of a bride that just did the ivory with my same dress and while she looked beautiful, I was happy with my choice! 

Post # 9
272 posts
Helper bee

Champagne is absolutely a bridal color. If the “brideness” ( sic) of it is the only thing that makes you feel weird, it really really shouldn’t. But in the end it’s all about what makes you comfortable. Happy to offer an opinion if you post a pic 🙂 

Post # 11
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

I think that dress looks gorgeous on you and the colour is very flattering to your skin tone! 

Post # 12
830 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I love your dress and you look gorgeous!

My dress is champagne. I too was a bit nervous, especially as the champagne was not even available to see in-person and I could only try on the ivory. However, my nerves have subsided and I think champagne is a very bridal colour. I am picking mine up next week, so no photos yet!

Post # 13
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Your dress is gorgeous, you don’t need to worry about it! It looks so good on you.

I wore ivory over light gold, which was more like a champagne colour. Once I had my hair and makeup done, a veil in and had it fitting correctly I felt 100% bridal. All the details really do help!

Post # 15
1464 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - City, State

Kimmabear :  The first fitting makes a world of difference! I was also stressing about the dress I chose. I chose a sheath dress and I was regretting not going with something a little more princessy, but after my first fitting I felt so much better! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors