Hostess
8206 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

That dress looks so sparkly and lovely! 🙂 

Post # 17
930 posts
Busy bee

Kimmabear :  In all honesty, I absolutely love this dress. No lie. It has a beautiful design, and simple, but not too simple. And has classiness to it. It looks lovely on you and goes well with your skin tone. 

Sometimes, when we look in the mirror or at a photo of ourselves, we begin nit picking everything we see. It’s dangerous. I see a beautiful bride, in my opinion, for what its worth. 

Post # 18
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Your dress is GORGEOUS! Not to mention, it’s the type of dress that will sort of radically come together after a fitting. You get those straps shortened, cups sewn in, and the bodice taken in to where it needs to be, and it’ll be utterly magical. 

Aside from that, I really think that dress regret is almost always just nerves, projected onto something you have control over. I adore my dress, and find myself wondering “did I make the right choice?” whenever the nerves about weather/RSVPs/public speaking kick in. I think that for most of us who have second thoughts, we’d have them with ANY dress, because again…it’s the one thing you can control. 

Post # 19
3893 posts
Honey bee

The colour looks SO flattering on you.  I suspect that the problem here is not the dress choice but the high pressure sales tactic that has left you questioning your own judgment. I wish retailers didn’t do this. It undermines customer satisfaction. In all likelihood you would have come back to this dress after a period of prolonged consideration. I hope you can put your doubts aside and embrace your lovely dress

Post # 20
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

I love (!!!) your dress. It’s definitely bridal. I bet you made the right choice, it’s so elegant. 

Post # 21
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2020

I think it looks amazing and the deeper colour of the champagne really makes the dress in my opinion. We don’t have the ivory to compare with of course, but whilst I’m sure that’s a beautiful dress too, if I was choosing between that dress in ivory, or that dress in champagne, it would be the champagne, hands down. Because the skirt has a slight shimmer to it in the picture, it actually makes me think of a glass of champagne – effervescent and classy.

Post # 23
3846 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

LOADS of brides wear champagne dresses! I always like champagne when there’s lace over it, it makes the lace stand out so much more. 

Post # 24
753 posts
Busy bee

Kimmabear :  How in the world are you doubting that gorgeous dress? It looks stunning on you! I saw lots of champagne dresses while shopping for mine, and they are just as bridal as ivory or white. 

Post # 25
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: London, UK

PLEASE stick to this dress, it is so lovely

Post # 26
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2020

Kimmabear :  That actually confirms my opinion even further as I am not a huge fan of masses of lace. That is however my personal taste! This may sound silly, but have you tried tossing a coin to make the decision? I sometimes find that if I do that I am willing the coin to land one way or another, and am either pleased or disappointed in how it lands – meaning that I know which decision I should make!

Post # 27
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

I went through the exactly same thing. And although someone bought the dress for you, this person wants to see you happy. This person wants to contribute something very important to your wedding, because you’re important for his person. So don’t “care” to much about this aspect. They’ll be more than happy knowing you found something you’re truly in love with.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors