(Closed) Dress regret…Allure 9266

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1285 posts
Bumble bee

I think it’s amazing on you! Wow, I’m jealous!

Post # 3
2844 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You are crazy. That dress is fantastic and you look fantastic.

ETA: I’ll add one thing. Probably the main difference between you and the model is not size but height. I think the dress is flaring out from too low down, because it’s built for someone 5 foot 10. If you can raise the dress so it flares out from higher, like about where your hands are when they’re by your side – that’s probably going to be more flattering and closer to how the dress is supposed to look. (It will be more expensive than just hemming it though.)

Post # 4
Hostess
3175 posts
Sugar bee

Really?? I think it looks beautiful!

Post # 5
2318 posts
Buzzing bee

Your dress is gorgeous! It fits you so well and once yours is fitted it will look even better!  Do you really have dress regrets or more like dress “what-ifs”?  I thought I had Dress regrets but it really was just dress what-ifs because my dress just came in and i loved it!

What dont you like?  Do you have a dress in mind that you like batter?

Post # 6
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Lokie85 :  +1

That’s exactly how I felt.  I tried on so many dresses and each one was like “yeah, this would work..” and I finally picked one.  After that, I felt like I made a mistake.  I kept looking at it on the model and wasn’t so sure, but when it came down to it, I loved my dress! 

PS – It looks AMAZING on you!!!

Post # 9
659 posts
Busy bee

FWIW, I felt the EXACT same way about my dress. It looked nothing like the model, and I am really glad because I didn’t like it on the model. I ALMOST went back to look at dresses again. I am glad I didn’t because I loved it on the day of. Go through your alterations and fittings, and I bet you love it again too! Mine was an Allure dress to. Don’t worry. You will feel beautiful on your wedding day. 

Post # 10
259 posts
Helper bee

omg this looks PERFECT on you. seriously this dress is gorous on you and goreous in general. its human nature to always want more and want what you dont have. dont let that take over your mind. its all a distraction. your dress is seriously gorgeous

Post # 11
259 posts
Helper bee

and the bottom is so endearing!!

Post # 12
1688 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

You look stunning. Don’t regret it. As for how it looks on the model, remember that they took a ton of photos of her in that dress and picked only the very best ones, and then Photoshopped the crap out of them. The model photo isn’t real life. 

Post # 13
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I actually think the bottom looks better on you than it does on the model. You look amazing! 

Post # 14
2507 posts
Sugar bee

futuremrsroark :  it looks beautiful on you! what about it don’t you like? as for the way the bottom looks on the model – they used a petticoat to get that look. that’s not just the dress.

Post # 15
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Agree with what PP have said about it looking different on models – I felt the same way about my dress! I was super nervous about the way the modeled looked in it but it all worked about. In other words, it will look like what you tried on! 

The topic ‘Dress regret…Allure 9266’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors