(Closed) Dress regret…Allure 9266

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
3073 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

Awww sweetie,this dress is super fab on you. Stop over thinking this.

Post # 32
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Agree with others! This dress is fabulous in every sense. Love the bottom, love the top, love the back, ahaha basically every part about it. I had the same situation happen. I was smitten with the dress in the shop and then when I would look at the picture of the model, think that it was too plain, too simple, etc. Don’t even worry! You are going to be the belle of the ball! 🙂 Best!

Post # 33
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I think it looks good on you.  A mermaid slip with a hoop in the bottom will give you the shape you want. (how the model’s stands out on the bottom).  Other than that, once you have your heels and hoop, they can hem it to the perfect length and you’ll be all set!

I had a mermaid slip. Let me know if u want pics of how it looked in the dress.

Post # 34
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Your dress is georgous!

I have a dress similar in shape to yours, without alterations mine looked similar to your pictures of you in the dress.  I had it altered to look more like the pic of the model you posted, but mine is slightly longer, it just skims the floor. I am having a destination wedding, and didnt want it dragging, I wanted to be able to walk confidently without tripping on the dress, and I had the train cut off, now the back is only slightly longer than the front, but the train is gone, and I love it….I do not need a bustle, I can dance the night away.  The seamstress showed my what a bustle would look like, and I hated the big bump at the back.  In the picure you posted of the model, it looks like she is wearing a mermaid crinoline under the dress, which makes it flare more than the pic of you in the dress.  Just go by how it looks on you, since you are the one wearing it on your wedding day, not the model.  I first saw my dress on another bride, and fell in love, then I looked it up on the designers site and I also hate the way the dress looks on the model, but love how it looks on myself, love at first sight! The first picture is the model.  The following are me in the dress, before alterations, my dress was way too long for me.  I do not have a pic of finished alterations, because at my last seamstress fitting I went alone, but the train in the pic is now gone. Be very specific with who ever does your alterations so you keep the vision that you want.

Save

Post # 35
894 posts
Busy bee

It looks gorgeous on you. Like wow, it looks like it’s made for you! You’re probably over-analysing and staring too much at your pictures haha. I’m sure your guests will be wowed by this!

Post # 36
465 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

dress regret? NOOOO!!! it’s a very pretty dress <3<3<3

Post # 37
199 posts
Blushing bee

I have that dress too! =) 

I am thinking about adding straps to it though. 

Post # 38
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
trishk82 :  hi!!

i have the same dress! I am having dress regrets! I was not aloud to take a photo of me in the dress and I have now forgotten what colour it was, and what it looked like on me! I could cry! I looked at the model at it looked awful !

did anyone have this in the champagne colour? I really need picture to reassure me!! I also are having straps made!! 

Helo Brides!! 

Post # 39
3 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
trishk82 :  hi!!

i have the same dress! I am having dress regrets! I was not aloud to take a photo of me in the dress and I have now forgotten what colour it was, and what it looked like on me! I could cry! I looked at the model at it looked awful !

did anyone have this in the champagne colour? I really need picture to reassure me!! I also are having straps made!! 

Helo Brides!! 

Post # 40
199 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
ladysugarbear :  A mermaid slip, what an incredible idea! I am on Amazon right now looking them up. Thank-you so much!!

Post # 42
3 posts
Wannabee

Thank you so much

Post # 43
465 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

it looks amazing on you!!!!!!!! i love it!

The topic ‘Dress regret…Allure 9266’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors