(Closed) Dress Remorse! Please help me choose San Patrick- Peralta or Alfred Angelo 2123?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress do I get?

Sell Peralta (Jessica Rabbit, Vaa Vaa Voom Dress) and get Alfred Angelo 2123 (Gorgeous Princess)

Keep Peralta, don't worry about the tummy, no one will notice but you!

• Post # 32
    2861 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I like the first one better, but I can see your concern from the side picture. I personally think you look amazing, but I have the SAME hang ups as you ( andI  look practically identical body wise, weird.) and I know I would be uncomfortable in it too.

The Alfred Angelo one isn’t very flattering on you though…don’t hate me! It is hitting you in a spot that highlights what you call your “trouble area”. A dropped waist is not your friend when you are wanting to hide tummy area. #2 would be perfect with a natural waist. Personally I’d keep looking. A natural waist, a fit and flare ( with some rouching along the mid-section) or heck even your princess dram gown that is cut right would all look great!

Post # 33
    5982 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

Do you have a side pic of the second one? 

Post # 34
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2013
    Post # 35
    258 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

While I agree with many posters that the first dress looks nice, I have to say, I like the second one MUCH more on you.   Generally, when someone has already purchased a dress, unless something was glaringly wrong, I would encourage them to stick with it.  And I do not see anything glaringly wrong with the first dress.  But again, I REALLY like the second one.  If it were me, I would get it and sell the first one.  You shold wear what you feel most comfortable in.  It’s your day, and you’re wearing the dress, not your friends.  Just my 2 cents…

Post # 36
    3788 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

If you feel uncomfortable, you aren’t going to enjoy yourself as much. And you may look at your pictures with regret. Get the dress that makes you HAPPY even if other people like the other one better. You want to be focused on your husband and your loved ones, not worrying about how you feel in your dress. You shouldn’t even be thinking about your dress at all on the day, unless it’s to gush about how fabulous you feel. I think you LOOK fabulous in both of them, so get the one that you can put on, forget about, and smile at when you look back at pictures!

Post # 37
    3361 posts
    Sugar bee

first of all sweetie.. Congratulations on the weight loss !!! WOW !! I am veryyyy impressed !! 

Now as for the dresses, I do love the dress you already own! But I say you need to feel gorgeous and perfect that day.. if you are really that self conscious, go with the other dress. Make sure you feel how you want to feel !! 

Post # 38
    376 posts
    Helper bee

i also love the first one on you. but i know what you mean with the side profile. my first dress was a mermaid and i have had a 175lb weight loss. the excess skin looked more like a baby bump and i was in tears at the salon. they were wonderful and allowed me to swap the dress out (they understood the problem and that i just wasnt being a picky bride) they suggested more A line gowns and now I am totally in love. Here are pics of my story: dress one was the one that was returned.

and the one that saved the day!

Post # 39
    368 posts
    Helper bee

I clicked the wrong thing! I meant to vote for the first dress it looks amazing on you!

Post # 40
    730 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I say definitely stick with the first! It’s more figure-flattering on you, and I can actually see the tummy you’re talking about from the FRONT in the Alfred Angelo (but not in the first one). Also, I just don’t care for the ruffles on the skirt in the 2nd. 

BUT – if you’re not at all comfortable in the first, and you are comfortable in the second, you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do… don’t spend your wedding day feeling self conscious. 

I have to say though… I don’t think it’s very Jessica Rabbit at all… it’s elegant and pretty!

The topic ‘Dress Remorse! Please help me choose San Patrick- Peralta or Alfred Angelo 2123?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors