Post # 1
So I am finally going dress shopping today! I don’t know how prepared I am. I don’t know what kind of style I want and I am open to anything! I did some research on the first trip so tell me if I am leaving anything out.
1. I have my camera charging.
2. Legs are shaved and toes are painted (not that that matters. My toes were pretty bad though)
3. I have bottled water and some snacks to bring in between stores (we’re only visiting two)
4. Underwear that I’m not embarassed to have a consultant see.
5. It’s just me and my mom so I’m not having ten different opinions thrown at me.
Am I missing anything?
And as always, thanks bees!
Post # 3
A positive attitude! Don’t go in there with the attitude that you won’t find the dress or that this is going to be overwhelming because then it will be.
Hope this helps and Good LUCK!
p.s. be sure to come back and post some pictures!
Post # 4
I’m going dress shopping for the first time on Sunday. Here’s some of the advice one of my bridesmaids gave me:
-Bring a pair of heels about the height you might want to wear that day (better for the overall idea)
-Bring a camera (although not all dress shops allow pictures)
-Wear a good strapless bra
Post # 5
Make sure hair and make-up are good. I feel (even when normal clothes shopping) if my hair and make-up don’t like right then I feel crap and nothing looks good on me 🙂
Post # 6
do your hair and makeup! it will make you feel better.
Post # 7
thanks for all of the advice! I wouldn’t have thought of the hair/make up. I will make sure I do that!
Post # 8
I would say listen to the consultant after you try what you think you want. Many people end up with something completely different because the consultant is a pro at looking at people’s body shapes!