(Closed) Dress Shopping Timeline for 11/30/13?

posted 5 years ago in November 2013
Post # 3
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I think you should definately start sometime in January… I think as long as you let the consultant know that you are trying to lose weight they can work with you. You are better off trying to get the dress organised with a few months to go and room to make alternations, than waiting and potentially stressing yourself out.

Good luck!! I got myself a personal trainer so Im working hard now on toning up 🙂 Plenty of time to work on it though 

Post # 5
375 posts
Helper bee

You can shop at any time–you might want to wait on ordering for a few months if your weight really is in flux. There’s a big difference between losing 10 lbs and 60 and most dresses can only be taken in about 2-3 sizes before things start getting wonky.

That said, I’d also encourage you to shop for something that fits you now and makes you feel great in the shape you are, whatever that is, rather than stressing out about losing weight to fit into a particular dress by a given deadline.

Best of luck to you!

Post # 6
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@fzesguer:  I’ve gone dress shopping and found the dress I want. I set a timeline for myself that I’m ordering my dress in February for that size. It’s a corset so they should be able to take it in for me if I lose any more weight. I second the idea that you should find a dress that you love your body in now 🙂 

Post # 7
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Try to be really honest with yourself.  60 lbs is a LOT of weight to lose and a LOT of work and dedication.  Take into consideration whether you’ve tried to lose before and your success.  

Then you can decide when to shop.  If you’re going to drop 60 lbs you might be looking at a different type of dress to show off this new figure you’ll have, thus you might want to wait until some of the lbs start coming off.  If you will be closer to the 10 lbs range you’ll be best off shopping sooner because you’ll be able to take 10 lbs in at alterations pretty easily.

Post # 8
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think realistically you could shop as late as March for your dress if you were going with 9 months out, but since you want to buy something from David’s Bridal you could get something 3 months out (August/September) and reasonably have time for alterations.

Most trainers/nutritionists say that a healthy rate of weight loss is ~1lb/week.  So while it is possible to lose 60 lbs by your wedding, it won’t be easy.  Good luck!

The topic ‘Dress Shopping Timeline for 11/30/13?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors