(Closed) Dress Trouble : Galina NTT3039

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would think a good seamstress (I would recommend going to someone other than a seamstress at DB) would be able to fix almost anything.

If not, I think a halter strap would look super cute!

Post # 4
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

It sounds like a simple fix! Bridal stores fix these things all the time ๐Ÿ™‚ dont stress ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree with PP and think that it should be no problem for an alterations department or seamstress to take care of it for you! If they can’t I think that straps wouldn’t take away from the dress at all so that’s definitely an option!

Post # 6
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have the same dress (but with a train)!  I made an appointment with a highly recommended seamstress in my area and she did a great job. She inserted a two inch wide elastic band that hooks together like a bra strap (between my waist and boobs). When it’s clipped together the dress stays up and doesn’t budge – without even zipping it up! 

You’ll be just fine!  Try doing a google seach for bridal alterations reviews in your area. I just picked the woman with the best reviews. Goodluck!

Post # 7
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I had this dress too and I added a halter strap, it was just a very plain thin strap, I only wore it for the reception and it held the dress up nicely…. however it did rub a little on my neck, but I did actually really like the way it looked with the strap!

Post # 10
20 posts
Newbee

Here it is!!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
20 posts
Newbee

I realize you didn’t ask…but here are the shoes I bought, too!  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 13
20 posts
Newbee

@KATbike: I got the shoes at Norstrom about a month ago, so they may still be there.

Once you hook up the elastic strap the dress doesn’t budge – any wedding dress seamstess can add one in for a reasonable cost, since it doesn’t involve ripping the dress apart.

Post # 14
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I think the sweetheart neckline makes the dress, in a way. I wouldn’t add straps, but like PP’s have said, a seamstress should easily be able to tailor it better. Still, it looks beautiful on you!

The topic ‘Dress Trouble : Galina NTT3039’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors