(Closed) Dress under $300

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Don’t know if you have one in your area but Nordstrom Rack (Nordstrom’s overflow/outlet store) often has pretty white dresses from about $100 to $300. They’d make perfect simple wedding dresses.

Edit: I just checked their site and they don’t have a store in Kentucky. Another option is to order a bridesmaid dress from a bridal shop, but get it in white/ivory.

Post # 4
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I saw this one at JCrew.com today!  its on sale for $149.99!

Post # 5
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I heard it’s pretty common to try on bridesmaids dresses in a wedding store, and then order one in white or ivory. it will save you big $$$ I also heard that some of the nicer botiques will know what you are up to and might give you a hard time. if that happens, just tell them that you will walk out of there if they don’t give you what you want!

Nordstrom has a new wedding department (but you won’t see that in all stores). their goal is supposed to be good quality but affordable.

also, J Crew has some really pretty bridesmaid dresses! I’m sure you could order some of them in white. note that their wedding website is separate from their regular website.

(LOL, looks like AppleCake and OrchidLove beat me to those suggestions!)

Post # 6
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

David’s Bridal has some very nice dresses for under $300.  Also, I ended up getting my dress on http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com//  where you can find many dresses at the fraction of the cost (and some have never been worn).

Post # 7
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Tricky but not impossible by any means.  While the “rule” is don’t try on anything over your budget, it is a good idea to try on dresses so you know what silhouettes, fabric and embellishment you are interested in.

1–Davids Bridal.  They always have a clearance section, plus their $99 sales, plus on-line sales.

2–The preowned sites–recycled bride, bravo bride, preownedweddingdresses, powerbride, craigslist, etc.  Many of these dresses have never been worn.  If you see something you like and it’s close to your budget, contact the seller and see if they are willing to negotiate. If it’s a matter of $50-$100 they’ll probably do it.

3–bridal salon sample sales. Again, if it’s a sample dress they may be willing to part with it for less money than they have it ticketed at.

4–eBay

5–local consignment shops

6–chinese replica.  These seem to be hit or miss and quality is definitely an issue, but quite a few Bees have been happy with theirs.  There are tons of posts on this board about these sites.

Good luck!

Post # 8
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

since I mentioned J Crew Weddings: http://www.jcrew.com/wedding.jsp’ defer=’defer

many of their wedding dresses are more than $300, but some might be on sale. also, the bridesmaids dresses are very much within your price range.

I just noticed they don’t have white Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, but they do have ivory. go to the Bridesmaid or Best Man section and at the top, you can see that there is a sort by color option.

Post # 10
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got my Nicole Miller for <$300 on RueLaLa. I’ve also seen a TON of dresses for sale in that range on my local Craigslist.

Post # 12
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

DB is having their $99 dolar sale right now and the one here had a huge amount of dresses on that rack. I wish I could wear 5 or 6 dresses for the wedding as most of my faves were included in the sale.

Post # 13
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Check out TheLimited.com’s wedding dress. Some of them are 40% this weekend (and most are $300 or under). They have free shipping on wedding dresses and free returns (including shipping!) 

Post # 14
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m getting my dress custom made, most of the Chinese sellers of custom made gowns just steal pictures off a designer’s website and then once you order the dress they try to make a dress like the one in the pic that you ordered. Some times they succeed and some times they fail… miserably. Like someone above said its kinda hit or miss with them but you could have almost any gown you want for $300 or under. I would suggest finding a seller who speaks good English and shows you pics of the dresses that they have actually made before so that you know what you’re getting before it just arrives. I know a few sellers who have pics of their own dresses if you are interested just let me know and I will give you some links. Good luck finding your dress!

Post # 16
1285 posts
Bumble bee

The topic ‘Dress under $300’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors