(Closed) Dress under $500?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I bought mine online from igigi.com. It’s a plus size store, but I don’t know if you’re plus sized. It came to a little over $500, with a coupon code I found.

Post # 33
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
@lolot:  great! Thank you so much for the info. I still have time, so I’ll just be sure to keep an eye out for it and hopefully they’ll bring it back again! I would love to get this dress ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 34
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I got mine for $600 off kijiji, but I didn’t have to alter it at all (maybe later on). 

Try preownedweddingdresses.com, stillwhite.com or oncewed.com    Lots of great, preowned dresses.  Most are for pick up, so if you (and possibly a friend) are willing to meet with the seller, it’s a great deal.  Also you can narrow it down to your size/make/style/etc.

Post # 35
2836 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@vivalasylvia:  I have a dress that is corset back (and beautiful) that I haven’t gotten around to doing, but will am selling for $500 LOL

Post # 36
9120 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@Grossern:  You’re very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚  Just FYI, are you very tall?  That link I posted shows the dress weirdly short (IMO) on the model.  I’m 5’5″, wore 1″ wedges, and ordered a size either 4 or 6 and the length was great.  If I were taller or wanted to wear taller heels, though, it would have been weird.  So if you’re one of those tall thin model types, beware!  

Post # 37
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Our Backyard/Steakhouse

Here’s mine…not quite under $500, but I got it for $599 :).  I’m super happy about it!

Post # 38
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I would recommend browsing Tradesy and other preowned wedding dress sites, there are a lot of new/sample dresses at great prices. I just bought a dress for $50! I’m hoping it works out, here’s a pic on the model: 

Coincidentally, this dress is also sold new on the Dessy website where they have a selection of dresses that are both fairly priced and available to purchase and return (if it doesn’t work out), here’s a link: 

http://www.dessy.com/wedding-dresses/#”UseQuickDeliverySource”:false,”DisplayMode”:4,”CategoryId”:2,”FabricList”:””,”AccessoryFabricList”:””,”ProductList”:””,”SeasonList”:””,”CategoryList”:””,”ColorList”:””,”TypeList”:””,”LineList”:””,”PantoneList”:””,”Text”:””,”IgnorePrints”:false,”SearchText”:””,”ColorFamilyList”:””,”AttributeMask”:”0″,”AttributeList”:””,”PriceList”:””,”Source”:””,”GetResultCount”:true,”CountryCode”:”us”,”SortOrder”:5,”ActivePage”:1,”ResultsPerPage”:18,”TotalPages”:0,”FilterType”:”ProductFilterProperties”

Good luck! 

Post # 39
1980 posts
Buzzing bee

Mine was $460 at David’s Bridal.

Post # 40
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
@lolot:  haha, thank you for the warning, but no, I am not one of those “tall thin model types” ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m actually only about 5’2″ and would also probably order about a size 4…so when I saw it on you and thought it looked so beautiful, I thought it was just the look I wanted! I’ll be careful to not pick shoes with too high of a heel though. The 1″ wedges would probably be a perfect look, since we also want to get married outside near the beach. 

Post # 41
Hostess
8570 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

My dress was slightly over $500 from david’s bridal.. just don’t forget about alterations. My alterations are actually going to cost more than my dress.

Post # 42
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church

Mine was $200 at a Brides Against Breast Cancer event.

Post # 43
953 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@lolot:  Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve taken a break from blogging for a bit.

Post # 44
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I got mine at a local bridal shop during a sample sale, it’s a blue by enzoani 

sorry its so big and sideways! I uploaded it with my phone :/

Post # 45
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Forgot to say that it was exactly $500

Post # 46
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@vivalasylvia:  

I got mine at David’s Bridal for $230.  ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Dress under $500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors