(Closed) Dress under $500?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
2521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Davids bridal has a 99 dollar sale once a year.  

Also, in the Chicago area there is a sample sale store called wedding belles.  I never went there myself (was discouraged by how rude they were on the phone), but I know people have found great dresses at great prices before. 

Post # 52
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I bought mine for $169 at davids bridal. The complete total ended up being 450 for the dress and extra stuff

Post # 53
5062 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

I got my dress for £75 – bargain! ๐Ÿ™‚ it will need alterations though. 

Post # 54
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My dress was on sale for $499 at Davids.

Post # 55
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Check RK Bridal.  They have lots of dresses for under $500, and will ship (you just have to make sure you get measured and know your size).

Post # 56
2481 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

look at target and macys and j crew- i think even pennys all have some sort of wedding dress line.

Davids is a good place too. My dress was 550 there but it might even be cheaper now…

don’t be to worried to buy online -if- you leave room for alerations.

If 500 is your max budget don’t forget alteratoins can be 100-300 $ on the cheap side, plus under garmets, veil etc.

my dress if you are interested.

Post # 57
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
@vivalasylvia:  

Thank you! I bought it in ivory, and was so excited that I was able to buy an $800+ dress for $230 ๐Ÿ™‚

Alteration (taking in the waist, adding the bustle, changing a clip) has been quoted for around $125, which isn’t too bad either.  Very happy!

Post # 58
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

There is a shop called Weddings 826 in Chicago that sells samples. I think they are having a sale sometime early in the new year. If you check the “Events” section on the Chicago Social Brides website I think it’s listed there.

Post # 60
2481 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@vivalasylvia:  Thank you very much~

I know its hard to find a dress in that budget! I orginally was hoping to find that area althgouh 800 was my max ( including everything) I had to give up alot to go so high… but there are plenty of dresses… there is an advertisement at the side of my screen that says starting at 89$ jjshouse.com

also don’t be afraid to buy the chinese dress shops on like e-bay.

just read the ratings ( and don’t let a few bad ones scare you off) just set a little aside to fix it up when it gets here.

I did this with my prom dress it came a bazillion sizes to big. like I’m a 4 and it was a 10…..

and it was not half how the picture looked but I was able to sew it up all myself and make it look almost exactly the same….

Post # 61
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I got a gorgeous designer gown at a sample sale for about $450. I recommend samples!

The topic ‘Dress under $500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors