8575 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

It’s picked out but not bought.

Post # 18
6 posts
Newbee

So for those of us who have bought our dresses… is it okay to just let it hang in the closet for so long? Mine is in the bag they sent it home in, but I’m nervous about it!

Post # 19
2587 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

@FutureMrsKelly2014:  Not yet, although I’ve got an idea! I don’t want to be rushed into it, and have time to mull it over carefully. I don’t think I’ll be looking to buy until September at the very earliest, so I’m going to make the most of my time!

Post # 20
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Well done for getting your dresses already!  My wedding is booked for July this year and I still haven’t got a dress!  Ahhhhhhh!!

Post # 21
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

My planner asked me this yesterday! I think I’m going to have one made, so I’m making appointments with dressmakers!!

Post # 23
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

@FutureMrsKelly2014:  Looking at the Muse from the other thread, of COURSE, but also a few others.

This one, also by Johanna Johnson,

and this, which I was too nervous to purchase from the original etsy seller and is now sold out:

Whoa, sorry those are huge!

Post # 24
456 posts
Helper bee

@lizzieb:  I too really loved this dress and wanted to buy it too… but held off because our wedding day is agggges away. will always have a bit of regret about this one getting away

Post # 25
181 posts
Blushing bee

Yes! I’m getting married 10/3/14 but I bought the dress a week ago! I had seen it before while helping a friend find her wedding dress. Anyway, the dress shop was closing so I went in just to “browse” and the dress was still there. I tried it on and it fit perfectly! As an added bonus, it was marked down significantly and with alterations, only came to $405!  It’s now hanging in the guest room closet at my parent’s house until the big day!

This is the stock photo of the dress that I found online. I’ll post one of me in it closer to the wedding, before and after alterations are made.

Post # 26
Hostess
8575 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

After looking into the dress I wanted previously, which I still LOVELOVELOVE, I’ve decdied I’m going to go with something else similiar.

The dress is fine, and I love it – however, it would have to order it from DHgate, which does not accept paypal. I’d much prefer ordering a dress from somewhere that accepts paypal – for the buyer protection, incase something went horribly wrong.

I’m currently thinking of this ebay dress :

Post # 27
1455 posts
Bumble bee

Yup, I’ve got my dress!  Actually, I just bought it two days ago and was freaking out a tad bit b/c I thought it would take me a LONG time to find a dress and definitely wasn’t expecting to find it at the 3rd bridal store I visited!!   I was torn between a few dresses and was going to bring my mom & grandmother to have them see me in it, but the store owner gave me a killer discount on my dress (unlimited alterations included w/ dress purchase and almost $1,000 off for my dress, belt, and veil) so I pulled the trigger.

It makes me feel good to know that I’m not the only October 2014 bride who has purchased her gown.  It’s NOTHING like what I thought I’d buy (I love sleek and sexy and my dress is poofy w/ ruffles and a long train!) but that in itself is kind of exciting and fun to know that I’ll be wear something I normally wouldn’t.  I can’t wait to see MY dress when it’s finished months from now!   I will def post pics 🙂   Yay to dress shopping!

Post # 28
1419 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

I’ve gotten mine.  I went to David’s Bridal just to try some on, but happened to find the one!  I got Style CH515.  It’s nicely decorated and sparkly on the top, which the picture doesn’t show.  It’s sooo beautiful in person.  Got it in the spare bedroom at my parent’s house for safe keeping. Laughing

Post # 29
37 posts
Newbee

I just book my venue for October 25, 2014! As soon as I booked the venue my 2 sisters were ready to go dress shopping. There’s so much time before the wedding that I’m afraid that I’ll end up with dress regret buying this bar in advance before the wedding! 

Post # 30
124 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to my 1sy appointment to try on dresses tomorrow!  I’m excited but nervouse too. . . a lot of mixed reviews for this particular salon.  I am going with the goal of trying on a Maggie Decadence and then go from there.

The topic ‘Dress yet? Oct 2014 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors