(Closed) Dress yet? Oct 2014 brides!

posted 7 years ago in October 2014
Post # 47
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I have my dress. Ive had it since February 2012. I saw my dress at a local bridal and could not stop thinking about it. Me and mom went to the store to try it on and I absolutely fell in love. We had some money off because I won the grand prize at that very same bridal show. I still have not found a dress that I love more. 

Post # 48
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

not going to look till November! I want to see the new stlyes that come out! But im soo tempted and i love seeing all of you in your dresses!

Post # 49
12 posts
Newbee

I haven’t even been to try any on yet! But I do have one picked out at David’s Bridal, now I’m worried about it being discontinued! Frown I’ve been pretty lazy with my wedding planning up until now! Undecided I realized last week that it’s getting closer and closer to a year away and I should probably start thinking a little more about it! 

Post # 51
486 posts
Helper bee

I was having SERIOUS dress anxiety.  Like actual nightmares about trying dresses on.  I don’t know why I was so nervous!  So I decided to just go in and try some stuff on for fun with no expectations to buy.  I had been eyeing a Melissa Sweet by DB dress for a while and was anxious to put it on.  It was, in theory, my dream dress.  Everything I wanted and matched our rustic vintage theme perfectly.  It was the first dress I put on and I had that crying omg this is my dress moment.  I tried on several others because I didn’t want to stop at just one and all that did was confuse me!  I put my dress back on and made the official decision to purchase it!

I’m still anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Here it is!

My mom and I having our this is the one moment!

Post # 52
786 posts
Busy bee

@FutureMrsKelly2014:  yes i got mine! ha, went to a bridal expo and seen Davids Bridal there they gave me a book and i was looking through it, they said if i came in i would get a $50 off anything over $50, so i agreed it wouldn’t hurt, went there on presidents day…got another sale! then they gave me another $50 off because i was the first one to go in after the expo (the day before). I tried on about 25 dresses i seen one and then they showed me with a veil and bussel it up, i loved it almost said yes but i had seen a dress 2years ago i loved! so we drove an hour to the Alfred Angelo store to try on that dress only to see its NOT my dress drove an HOUR back to DB and put that dress on again, then on the radio played the song my mother wanted me to dance to (even tho my father is dead) – my mom is weird, so she told me “look daddy picked your dress”, i didn’t say “yes to the dress” i said “Sh!t got real, im getting married, Sh!t Just Got Real” then i cried….a  lot ..haha im going Sunday for my first fitting, they said i can take it home and if i loose more weight i can return it and get a new size ,oh in all with the DB savings and coupon things we saved over $400 off the dress, i forgot to mention its the most expensive one they have…ha! ill try to get a photo up after the fitting! 

Post # 55
2629 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@FutureMrsKelly2014:  I just got engaged 2.5 weeks ago…and don’t have it yet. We picked 10/4/14 for our date and haven’t quite booked the venue we want yet but as of Monday it is open for that date! I have looked at dresses online and whatnot but I haven’t bought one yet or tried any on. Soon! I think after we book the venue 🙂 

Post # 56
258 posts
Helper bee

Well I am September 2014 but I found mine Sunday, 

She is amazing…and the first one I tried on. We put on about 12-15 dresses after but I just wanted to keep putting her back on! 

Can’t wait till one in my sizes gets here! Why is January so far away, I want her now! 

Post # 57
258 posts
Helper bee

Well I am September 2014 but I found mine Sunday, 

She is amazing…and the first one I tried on. We put on about 12-15 dresses after but I just wanted to keep putting her back on! 

Can’t wait till one in my sizes gets here! Why is January so far away, I want her now! 

Post # 58
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Firehall

I’ve picked mine out but have to wait until I have the $1,000 to put down on it to be able to order it. But it’s Sophia Tolli’s Tulip.

Post # 60
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Firehall

There’s a lot of red heads in this thread! lol 

Post # 61
2089 posts
Buzzing bee

@FutureMrsKelly2014:  This is my dress. She finally came in yesterday and I tried her on today

Post # 62
2089 posts
Buzzing bee

@jenilynevette:  did you end up buying this dress? It’s awesome!

The topic ‘Dress yet? Oct 2014 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors