(Closed) Dresses under $500 … do they exist? Where?! Please help me bee

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Online is safe if you go to the right websites, like I mentioned. Preownedweddingdresses.com and tradesy.com ..they are both protected when it comes to purchases so you can’t get “screwed.” WHat I did was try on a few dresses to find what style I liked and then got my measurements professionally taken. After that, when I found the dress I wanted I spoke to the buyer for a while…got all the details, measurements, lots of pictures, etc and even talked her into a 3 day return policy if it didn’t fit (alot of people will already have that!) so it all worked out really well!

Post # 32
532 posts
Busy bee

cherami:  Davids Bridal!!!!<br />I am sad because I picked my dress up (it just came in, a few months early too… YAY for that)… but sad because its $600 bucks now… 50% off. CRAZY! The first dress I was getting was only $300. It wasn’t what I had wanted so I went with the pricer one. They have so many beautiful dresses for so cheap.

Post # 35
2271 posts
Buzzing bee

cherami:  

I know the Mori Lee 6775 is right around the $500 mark and it would be easy to add straps. Also the Wtoo 706 is really pretty in persona however I don’t think adding crinoline would work because chiffon is so dainty you could definitely see it underneath, als it’s not a full skirt so it might not do well stuffing it. The Wtoo 853I might be a better bet since it’s tulle and will have volume naturally from the nature of the material. 

Post # 36
597 posts
Busy bee

My Mori Lee 6726 was only $499. It did come with a matching white belt unlike the blush one in the picture. I opted to splurge and purchase a better belt. Mori Lee seems to be a designer that has some cheaper options like this one. If you do some looking around, I know there are other brands that are cost friendly. 

Post # 37
597 posts
Busy bee

PS: I just saw you live close to jersey gardens! I live in Hoboken! The dress shop I got mine from was in Secacus called East West Bridal. They were FANTASTIC and had a lot of great options!

Post # 38
21 posts
Newbee

FutureWifey2016:  I also got my dress last week from david’s bridal, and 2 days later went on sale! I spoke with a manager and they gave me store credit woooo!! I told her I still needed a lot to buy like undergarments, my veil and my mom’s dress. I was super excited to save even more 🙂

Post # 40
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I also got my dress at davids bridal, but I bought a sample.  SO while it was originally over 500, I purchased it for under.

dressfinal2

Post # 41
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m located in north jersey too.  What about a prom dress. A thrif store dress? Also there will be a sale in Newark in April and may. Catherine s closet.  They sell used/new prom dress, some can be used for wedding, depends what you’re looking for.  The price is $10.00 cant beat that!. Also salvation army in south Jersey host a bride sale. Designer gowns most are inexpensive.  Dont know if they will host this year

Post # 42
532 posts
Busy bee

bride2k16:  No way! What did you say to them?<br />They were super nice and let me exchange my dress so do you think they would let me save too? DId you call the store you got it from or no?

Post # 44
492 posts
Helper bee

I got super lucky with my dress. I got it at the David’s Bridal $99 sale! It’s original price was $699. I wasn’t expecting to spend so little on a dress. I knew that I didn’t want to spend over $700 before alterations and I even tried on more expensive dresses. I am having a beach wedding and couldn’t imagine spending $1,000+ dress that I would be dragging through the sand! I just got lucky that the one I fell in love with was a such a great deal! 

Post # 45
1295 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I am also going to suggest David’s Bridal! Their $99 dress sale is going on RIGHT NOW until March 24th. I did not get a $99 dress, but mine was on sale for $450, and there are a ton in that price range. The preowned sites are good, and if you have issues with tryinf stuff on, I have also seen dresses on Craigslist, which would be local! Good luck.<br /><br />my.dress

The topic ‘Dresses under $500 … do they exist? Where?! Please help me bee’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors