(Closed) Driving Across US/Canada Border With Passport in Maiden Name

posted 5 years ago in Travel
Post # 2
1210 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
SunshineSmiles:  If you bring your marriage certificate, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Post # 4
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

We did this for our first anniversary, and I hadn’t changed my name on my passport yet. It was fine. They don’t ask for your driver’s license or anything, just your passport.

Post # 6
2152 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’ve been married for three years now and my passport is the only document that still has my maiden name.   I live right by the border and cross all the time and I’ve never had a problem.

Post # 7
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

You should be ok since the only documentation they typically ask for is your passport, but I would bring your marriage certificate just in case. The last thing you want is a misunderstanding with border security. 

The topic ‘Driving Across US/Canada Border With Passport in Maiden Name’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors