(Closed) Drowning my sorrows in water & carrots…

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 5
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

How quickly are you wanting to pick out a dress? I see that you are getting married in Oct, but if you start now, you could lose a considerable amount of weight before then and then maybe you would have more dress options and/or feel better about yourself?

Post # 6
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Don’t be so down on yourself.  I can tell you I felt like a slob when I went to David’s Bridal and I am a 4/6.  If you never had any issues with your weight b4 this trip don’t start doubting yourself now.  I also think it’s a little normal for any bride to want to look fit and their best on the big day.  Don’t drown your sorrow in carrots and water hun!  Just keep searching for your dream dress.  David’s Bridal didn’t have anything that I loved on my body either. Keep your head up and Happy Dress Hunting!!! FYI I’m a NYChica too

Post # 7
400 posts
Helper bee

FYI thats dress looks great on you!

Post # 8
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

FWIW, I would not call that picture yuck. There is definitely some nice waist and curves going on!

Post # 9
400 posts
Helper bee

Tell her Entangled! Curves are sexy!!!

Post # 10
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i was going to say that the dress looks wonderful!

now unfort. we don’t have davids bridal here in canada, so i don’t know their service, but i can say i’ve heard more bad than good. i would recommend going to a more reputable salon, maybe something smaller where it’ll be more focused attention and bring pictures so that they can find you what you’re looking for?

Post # 11
420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

ok i just saw a waist!!

personally i’ve had bad experiences w/davids bridal too, so if its not the salon for you then its not, try another.  although i think you said it backwards (i think you look better than in your mind!)  nearly everyone is trying to lose weight/tone up before the wedding, so make a plan too if you don’t feel comfortable w/your body right now!

btw that dress IS gorgeous on you.  good luck!

Post # 13
2513 posts
Sugar bee

You don’t look bad at all! You definately have time to lose a little & tone up, especially your arms (since that’s what you focused on in your post!). I’ve read that the arms are one of the easiest parts to slim down! I wouldn’t go crazy on carrots and water though because you’re going to get tired of that really quick, plus it’s just not healthy. If you really want to lose some weight, go for a 1600 calorie a day plan with lots of protein (i.e. lean meat) & veggies. Grab some 3 lb weights and do arm exercises while you’re watching tv. You will be very happy with the results! I’d say you could do this and wait a couple months to pick out your dress and still be just fine time-wise 🙂

Post # 14
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

When I read your description of yourself I was prepared to see the worst. Then I saw the pic posted and I was confused?!?! Why did a hottie post a pic on here? To tease this poor girl?? Then I saw that YOU were the hottie! You totally have a waist girl! Don’t be so down on yourself. David’s Bridal has horrible service! Go to a different dress shop that actually knows sizes and will give you thinks that fit and are flattering for your body type 🙂 If you want to lose a little to boost your confidence go for it, but you’re great the way you are too 🙂

Post # 15
2513 posts
Sugar bee

Side note: If I was brave enough to get lipo on my lower belly & thighs, I would have done it years ago – ugh.

Post # 16
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

LOVE the dress on you!  So pretty!

Although we don’t have a date set, we are talking about getting married in Oct, and I definitley have weight to loose!!!  We should start an Oct weight loss challenge!

FYI- I haven’t been dress shopping yet because I am scared of feeling that same way.

The topic ‘Drowning my sorrows in water & carrots…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors