(Closed) DW – Favors & Gift Bags

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would prefer the Out of Town bag, especially if you included timelines and stuff in the area to do.  I just think that they would be more helpful and useful.

Post # 4
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

We had an Out of Town wedding and ended up just going the welcome bags. People really loved them.

I vote goodie/welcome bags over favors. Unless your favors are edible on the spot, i find a lot of them usually get left behind.

Post # 5
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@kristiew417:  I think the out of town bags are more “useful”. You could also do a blend of the two, i.e. have an Out of Town bag with all the traditional inclusions, and also add a little “favor” inside. My friend told me she’s doing a bottle of white wine called “The Beach” (or some similar, beachy name) in each bag, and I thought that was a really cute idea. 

The last destination wedding I went to had personalized M&Ms, water bottles, and wine bottles in the room. That was a nice treat to arrive to, as well.

I’m sure anything you do will be appreciated 🙂

Post # 6
13014 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I agree, Out of Town bags are more practical and useful.  Favors are a nice touch, but often get left behind or tossed.  Putting together a nice bag shows thoughtfulness towards your guests, and may actually be something they can use!

Post # 8
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We decided that OOT’s would be more useful so we are avoiding favors and spending extra on them (the OOTs)

Post # 10
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I did beach bags as Out of Town bags (we got married in Grand Cayman), but we did just 1 per couple.  If some one was single, but say sharing a room with another single lady, I gave them two separate bags.  I put snacks in them, and if the bag was for 2 people, which was definitely most, I gave them twice as many snacks as I did for the solo bag.   I think Out of Town are more useful because you can include extra sunscreen, aloe, and people always would like a few snacks at the beach. 

I also did favors, but we just did scratch off lottery tickets because I figured many people would not have a bunch of room to bring things back.  I just thought it would be something fun at the wedding.  There are tons of tutorials about lottery ticket favors on the bee.

Post # 11
1340 posts
Bumble bee

@kristiew417:  We found cute cruise themed merch on an end-of-season clearance at Michaels. We picked up the re-usable bags, notecards, pads of paper, pencils, beach balls, picture frames and some other things and I think that part all came to $30 for 15 completed bags (1 per room, unless there are two parties traveling in a room and then that room would get two). We are also purchasing highlighters, ziploc bags, dramamine, Bath and Body Works sanitizers, water, an information packet/directory and some other things that are helpful when cruising since our guests are mostly first timers. We are plotting adding some more things I just can’t think of them off the top of my head.

Here’s what the cruise swag looks like.

ETA: We are also including a deck plan of the ship, postcards and a deck of playing cards.

Post # 13
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Question: how are all of you getting the loot over to your DW? Taking on board with your or shipping it to the hotel?

Post # 14
1340 posts
Bumble bee

@ReyDar64:  I’m kind of lucky. I’m leaving from a port in my hometown, so I only have to drive and pack them in my suitcase. I’m not putting them together until we are onboard.

Post # 15
5423 posts
Bee Keeper

Im having Out of Town bags with favor like things inside.  1 bag per couple/room

The topic ‘DW – Favors & Gift Bags’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors