(Closed) dying too see pics/hear reviews of justin alexander 8557

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This is the dress I have picked out at my local bridal salon. Unfortunately I can’t take pictures of it until I purchase it, and I will say that the dress appears very unflattering on Justin Alexander’s model, but it looks amazing on!

If you contact Justin Alexander directly, they can give you a list of salons in your area that carry the gown, and then you can try it on there. 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I tried it on yesterday, and I think that’s my dress! It was a sample size 12, and I’m a street size 18, but it was still very flattering. The owner of the little boutique I went to in Mississippi was precious and told me I was allowed to take as many pictures of the dresses I tried on as I liked! I will post pictures as soon as I get them off of my phone!

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee

Here’s a picture! I LOVE the lace! Its not beaded all over like some lace dresses. I wanted something without a ton of sparkle- and this is a very elegant, timeless dress. The flower has a bit of sparkle in it, but its not too much. Its detachable, but I prefer it with the flower. 

For some reason, whenever I try to upload it, it won’t let me display the picture vertically- it keeps flipping it horizontally, at least while I’m typing the message- so if it displays horizontally I apologize! I tried rotating it, to no avail. 

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

@Suezanna: i love it! i just bought it yesterday!!!! I am having a rhinstone belt sewed on to it and remove the flower. It is so perfect and classic!!!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2012

There is a beautiful wedding featuring this dress posted on “Style Me Pretty” under the title ‘Bridgewaters Wedding”

http://www.stylemepretty.com/new-york-weddings/2011/11/09/bridgewaters-wedding-by-judy-pak-photography/

I personally have gone with Watters Dress ‘Mojave which has a similar silhoutte – which hilariously ALSO looks horrible on the models on the internet, you HAVE to try it on in store – but I still love to look at other wedding dresses (it’s just so much fun!) and I would say that this dress 8557 by Justin Alexander would definitley be my back up (not that you need a back up wedding dress… hahaha…)

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

I am in love with this dress.  It looks beautiful. I have been unable to find a price online.  May I ask you what retail is for it?

JA =)

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This is my dress!! It’s between 1200-1400$ … I got a great deal on mine ! It’s the softest most feminine dress 🙂 I was worried about it bring too much lace but it’s so classic and the lace is very delicate! I’m adding a floor-length bow to mine 🙂 I’ll post pictures As soon as its fitted :))) yay!!

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee

Ps suezanna you look beautiful! I can’t wait for mine to be in!

Post # 12
463 posts
Helper bee

I love this dress.  It has such a Grace Kelly feel to it. Does anyone know what the material is? Is the lace a polyester, cotton, net? Thanks.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi.  I know I am a little late posting this, but I just purchased this dress in January.  I searched the dress because I was curious myself as to what it looks like on other brides and found your post. I haven’t seen many pictures online, so please share if you also have this dress!

Justin Alexander 8557:

Post # 14
463 posts
Helper bee

Mlwise03: That dress is GORGEOUS on you!

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am curious to know if you guys are leaving the flower and belt as is or are getting a different belt for the dress?  My dress just came in and I have my first fitting in a couple weeks.  I am also wondering what jewelry to wear with it?  Pearls are the obvious choice, but I personally want to try something else, just not sure what. 

Any suggestions?

Please post pics if you also have this dress!

Post # 16
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mlwise03:  I love this dress! I didnt see it until after I bought mine so I try to imagine that it would not flatter my figure lol. 

My earrings are carolee. They do a lot of pearl jewelry as well as crystals and pearl jewelry. I chose crystals and pearls for my wedding look. I like the pearls because they make me think vintage/lace but I love the crystals becuase they make a bigger statement. 

The topic ‘dying too see pics/hear reviews of justin alexander 8557’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors