(Closed) Dyker Beach Golf Course 2013 wedding

posted 6 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi 🙂 I had my wedding there in June. The building is a country club building, very nicely decorated. The grounds are beautiful, their gardens are lush, you will want to do your pictures there!

Cocktail hour food stations were amazing, all my guests were really impressed with it! For the sit down dinner we had filet mignon, salmon, and chicken marsala as the main dishes, all very good. I bought my own cake from a bakery and we had a lovely ice cream bar at the end.

Post # 4
37 posts
Newbee

We visited this venue as part of our venue hunt. It was first on my list but it was just too expensive for us in the end (we needed to bring in an outside kosher caterer which I’m sure raised the price).

But the venue is absolutely beautiful.  I was in love from the moment I walked in! (I also love the venue we eventually found 🙂 ).

I don’t think I took any pictures when there, but you can trust the online photos. You will love it.

Sorry cannot tell you much about the food though.

I think the only “negative” for us was that it wasn’t terribly convenient to public transportation (there is a subway stop about a mile or so away) and I believe there was just 2 hotels nearby, again about mile.  That may not be your priority though, but just a warning that for us, besides price, that was the only negative.

Post # 5
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I looked into it, and even contacted them, but I never heard back! It would be great, as its nearby, but we found a venue that works so much better with our personalities and the kind of party we want to have. 

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@pcloadletter:  That is correct… Subway is not nearby, although the MTA bus stops right there. We rented a private bus to solve our problem. The hotel choices in the area are minimal (and pricey! But that is Brooklyn/NYC in general..) but my family was okay with that.

I don’t really have any negatives, just that there was some miscomunication day-of, but nothing that any of our guests noticed.

The topic ‘Dyker Beach Golf Course 2013 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors