Dyson curling iron – $500 USD

posted 1 year ago in Beauty
Post # 2
3560 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

jellybellynelly :  i love my Amika curling wand (which I’ve spent a couple hundred on for different attachments), otherwise I’d consider it if it had a pared down version without so many attachments (because i know i wouldn’t use most of them)

Post # 3
3560 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

jellybellynelly :  ok so i just watched some videos. It’s kinda cool that it blow dries your hair while curling (in all for a 2-in-1 method), but it still seems like it would take forrreeevvvver. I’ll be curious to know as more reviews come in how people feel about it’s efficiency. 

Post # 4
9213 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Lol nope. My handy dandy Hot Tools makes exactly the kind of curls I love and I wouldn’t use any special attachments anyway. But if it could curl my hair for me while I did my makeup, I might reconsider…

Post # 6
100 posts
Blushing bee

I am considering it. I like the idea of having all my tools in one, but for me the main thing is that it is way less damaging than your usual hair tool, and with my very curly, very dry hair anything that helps is a godsend. Also the fact that I wouldn’t be able to burn myself while styling, which happens more often than I’d like to admit!

My only hesitation apart from the price which is ridiculous – especially here in Aus where it’s $699 – is that it seems like the curls that the curlers create on their own are *very* curly, whereas I prefer the beachy/messy curl look more – and I’ve only seen that done by hand, which defeats part of the wands purpose in having the wind curling the hair around the barrel for you.

ETA: I really love the idea of not having to have 100% dry hair to be able to style. Would cut way down on time!

Post # 7
2814 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - City, State

I’ve seen that and was intrigued but I would never pay that much. My hair is too thick and coarse so I doubt it would work anyway. I thought I was insane for paying $130ish for me Tyme Pro iron… love it for curling my hair so I’ll be sticking to that.

Post # 8
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Not unless it dresses me and paints my face while it’s at it…

Post # 9
1524 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

So…. I’m in love with my dyson hot/cold fan and my cordless vacuum cleaner, they both work amazingly and entirely justify the price. But I didn’t splurge on the haircare products, but based on my experience with dyson I imagine they are amazing too. I’d love to hear from someone who has them.

Post # 10
762 posts
Busy bee

Nooopeeee. My cheap(er) one does the job. 

Post # 12
1716 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I saw the video and the hair didn’t even look nicely curled. It still had that wet curl look to it. 

Post # 13
260 posts
Helper bee

I watched a couple of videos and was rather underwhelmed. Without the pressure it just can’t seem to achieve the sleek and smooth look you get from using rollers or curling irons. If I wanted a slightly frizzy and messy look I’d just do a sock bun or something lol.
It’s horribly overpriced and drying my hair with it would take forever. I can achieve better looking hair with my regular curling wand.  

Post # 14
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Heck no. I didn’t even like my $500 Dyson vacuum and my flat iron curls my hair just fine lol.

Post # 15
345 posts
Helper bee

Depends on your hair and your budget! I’ve heard the Amika curling iron is great (agreeing with PP) but personally my hair is happiest when I just use rag curlers and sleep on them (caveat: I’m Persian and Cherokee so my hair texture is kinda bizarre) I know Chi makes great blowdryers…maybe look into their curling irons too?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors