- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
My engagement photos are tomorrow evening! I have our amazing photographer for 2 solid hours and I am equal parts excited and nervous. I dont’ think I’ve agonized over anything the way I have over these damn photos. I bought and returned SOO many outfits and finally settled on the 3 I’ll wear. I have a casual outfit, semi casual,and then dressy. I figured with 2 hours, there is lots of time so outfit changes seemed fun.
Our photos are at our Yacht Club where my dad keeps his sail boat. There’s the club house which has a nice upper balcony with high table patio sets that are wrought iron. There’s an old locker room, a private beach, a pier, a small lighthouse, the docks, an old trestle where train tracks used to be but is now a path way with lots of mature trees, a stair way weaving through the woods down to the beach… and of course my dad’s gorgeous 36′ sailboat. Not sure if we’re actually taking the boat out or just photos in the harbour.
– small chalk board with beautiful iron frame
– wine/champagne and 2 glasses (for dressy photos)
– coffee and sweets ie: butter tarts (for casual photos)
– FI’s guitar
– Hydrangeas and an old Milk Bottle – to sit on table or for me to carry around the loose flowers
– My ring box (it’s gorgeous, 2 toned wood, unique) Might not use it, but I’m bringing it.
– a brushed alluminum laser cut sign that says Mr & Mrs and then one that says FI’s last name – my dad is making it at work for free… soooo excited to finally see it tomorrow!
Does anyone have any suggestions of things we should do or other props we should use for our 2 hour shoot? I want to make the most of this! I’m super self-conscious and just want these photos to turn out nice!!!
Here’s photos of my outfits and the wooden, smaller prototype of the alluminum cut out. Can’t figure out how to turn them right side up… sorry
Dressy: (Dress is eggplanty purple… looks very dark from iphone photos)
Name Prototype: metal one will be much larger (36 inches long, 8-11 inches high)