(Closed) Early 2015 TTC Club (Jan-March)

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Well we have now started properly NTNP which is exciting but also a little scary. I think I am now definitely in my two week wait period so we will see if anything has happened this month.

I was able to share with my sister about what we are doing but she will keep it to herself. I don’t want to get anyone’s (parents) hopes up. I don’t know if anyone else feels this with their parents but I do feel now there is pressure on me and DH to produce the grandchildren. Not that my parents ever say anything about it (although my dad did joke that he would like to be a grandad by the time he is 70) but after speaking to my sister the other day it seems like she isn’t sure if they (her and her DH) want children and I don’t think my older sister and her DH will have children/can have children. So now it’s, “great so it’s up to us!” Also my SIL has said that she doesn’t know if she wants children either so potentially from both sides we could be producing the only grandchildren.

Will you guys DTD when you are TTC if one of you has been drinking? Christmas Day, DH didn’t want to DTD because he’d had a bit to drink (wasnt drunk or tipsy but had had more than 1 glass) and he had heard that it can affect child development. I wasn’t sure if that applied to any alcohol drunk or just excessive. I did tell him that if we weren’t going to DTD every time he drank even a small amount of alcohol then there would be no drinking because the timing of both usually coincides (weekends).

Post # 47
1576 posts
Bumble bee

Feist:  omg I can’t even imagine TTC while at the in-laws! Or even my own parents! But you have to take every chance you get! πŸ˜€ FX crossed for you hitting your timeframe πŸ™‚

SaltedCaramel:  Maybe we’ll be cycle twins πŸ™‚

KatiePi:  Good luck!

View original reply
FromA2B2013:  lol. I don’t think “more than 1 glass” on conception night is gonna severly hurt your baby. I read that the guy should really limit his alcohol before O and us ladies should limit it after. But you don’t need to cut it out altogether until you’re pregnant. So I probably will DTD having had a glass of wine at some point.

Post # 48
1532 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
FromA2B2013:  NTNP is very exciting!  As far as alcohol, I’ve heard that for guys, there aren’t concerns about drinking unless sperm quality or mobility is an issue (so basically, assume that it’s fine unless you run into problems).  For the ladies, I am in the “drink till it’s pink” camp, since you don’t share a blood supply with the baby until after you would get a positive pregnancy test.

View original reply
koi424:  Yay!

Post # 49
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
FromA2B2013:  I don’t know for sure about the alcohol thing, but I wouldn’t think it would be a concern! In regards to the parents, my TTC plans are not something I share with them or any family. I share a lot with my mom but for some reason I feel differently about TTC. Probably because I would prefer it to be a surprise to them and not to get asked if i’m pregnant yet. I don’t know what their predictions are for grandchild #2! 

Post # 50
2532 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
SaltedCaramel:  not so much with alcohol with me (I don’t drink much in the first place). but certainly with food I am getting on with my life until I have a BFP. No point in stopping what you enjoy for nothing! If a baby is meant to be then it is meant to be. 

View original reply
NewfieBullet:  Yes I think TTC is a private thing. From general conversations I have had/the kind of person I am I think my parents know I want children but I’ve not discussed times with them. My oldest sister got married over 20 years ago so I think in the back of their minds they have been secretly waiting for that long. I know a grandchild would mean a lot to them. 

Post # 51
1576 posts
Bumble bee

Happy New Year everybody! Here’s to baby fairy dust and BFPs all around! πŸ˜€

2015 is gonna be an incredible year!

Post # 52
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Tybee Island, GA

Actually trying this month Jan 2015!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

First try: Yes, never been pregnant…

Preparation: I’ve been taking Prenatal vitamins with folic acid

Post # 53
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
Vivi30:  In theory, we’re TTC in Feburary after Mardi Gras. BUT, I’m about to O – either tonight or tomorrow – and it’s taking everything out of me not to jump the gun. So maybe we’ll TTC in January, but more than likely February. I’m so excited!

Post # 54
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
koi424:  Happy New year to you too!!

Here’s to 2015 and lots of BFPs!!!

Post # 55
4424 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

DH and I decided that since I O’ed later this month due to travel and AF will arrive some time early next week that we’re going to begin trying in January because I’ll O so late in the month if not early February. We are officially done with condoms (thank goodness) and are just pulling out until the end of this cycle. So excited!

Post # 56
1576 posts
Bumble bee

This is my second cycle off BCP and I’m hoping my LP is longer this cycle. Last time, FF said it was only 9 days. Today is 10DPO and no signs of AF. I’m keeping FX that I get a few more days this cycle.

How are you ladies doing?

Post # 57
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

koi424:  I’m right there with ya! My first LP off BC was 12 days and second was 11 days. I’m really hoping the short LP it is just from coming off of BC and not a symptom of low progesterone!! I think when I find out I’m pregnant I’m gonna worry about low progesterone and MC πŸ™ I think I’ll try to see if I can get in for bloodwork ASAP after my BFP to make sure my progesterone is what it needs to be.

Otherwise, I’m doing good and so excited for my FW coming up soon!

I added you on FF!

Post # 58
1576 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ltj14:   Well FF tells me that 12 and 11 days are in the normal range. I don’t think they would count it in the normal range if they thought it was something you should stress out about. <3

Yay for more FF freinds! I think having friends’ charts to look at really helps to pass the time. There always something interesting going on in at least one person’s chart.

AFM, I got no signs of AF at all yesterday. Now to get through DPO10. πŸ™‚

Post # 59
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hi ladies. Thought I’d join in! We were supposed to start TTC this month but actually started last month (I’ll get into that in a minute.) This would be our first baby. I got pregnant this past June (second cycle off BC), but miscarried in September. I was obviously devastated and we decided to take a few months off. To prepare, well, we bought a house! Haha we started looking while I was pregnant and found one in October, after I had already miscarried. I have also lost 16 lbs since I lost the baby. (I had rapidly gained weight after going off BC in May, and gained a little while pregnant, so I wanted to lose that before getting pregnant again.) I have been taking doctor-prescribed prenatals and I also had bloodwork and an ultrasound done to make sure I was all healed before TTC.

Like I said, we were going to start trying this month, because we closed on our house Dec 2 and wanted to get settled. But 2 weeks ago, I had ovulation symptoms (my body really tells me when its happening- this was how I got pregnant the first time, no charting for me) and we saw no reason to wait, especially because I had gotten rid of the extra weight I wanted to lose. So here I am, with AF due today and pregnancy symptoms like crazy. Having been pregnant before, I’m having flashbacks to the symptoms I had then that I seem to be having now, none of which are usual PMS symptoms for me: fatigue, lots of CM, excess thirst, enormous breasts (!) and cramps starting about a week ago. Tested today and BFN, so I don’t know if I’m just having weird symptoms and AF is coming, or if I should wait a few days and test again. So if AF doesn’t arrive, I’ll probably test again Tuesday. Fingers crossed for me and all of us! Sorry for the novel, I needed to vent somewhere!!

Post # 60
1532 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Kay1126:  FX for you!!!

The topic ‘Early 2015 TTC Club (Jan-March)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors