Post # 1
We are having a registrar wedding in Edinburgh my hometown, on a friday @1130am. we wanted a fun family/friends day… Have no idea how many will show up,but have invited 40 (mostly out of towners though) mix of young and older
The day looks like this…
11:30 Registrars Lothian Chambers
12pm Were married! all head down Royal Mile for outdoor Champagne and photos in the rain 🙂
1pm Lunch reception a Howies restaurant (fancy Edinburgh restaurant great 4 weddings)
Speeches/ coffee+wedding cake / ipod music
4pm – have to vacate restaurant so all go up Calton Hill (has fab 360 degree views of Edinburgh and hills in background) for group photos and maybe a nice walk
530/6pm….then what??? it will be friday night in Edinburgh when people are piling into pubs….any ideas on how to entertain guests afterwards or if should call it a day then?
has anyone had a small Lothian chambers wedding? and what did you do afterwards?
(ideas maybe…go to shore for nice whisky/ more wine…go salsa dancing + cocktails in Elbarrio?(may be tacky)
Post # 3
I don’t have any input to give but I lived in Crieff for a year and in reading about your wedding I got very excited. It is going to be so amazing (the Royal Mile, LOVE).
Post # 4
@aleashoflife: How about booking a private room at The Voodoo Rooms for drinking and dancing (The Speakeasy is ideal for 40 people).
I have loads of ideas. What do you like doing?
Post # 5
well there will be a mix of twenty somethings and our older relatives, most from out of town.
We found a cute function room under MammaRoma for 45 who do a Italian buffet and have own bar – still need after entertainment though
Im sure people will be up for dancing – maybe not clubbing though.
My initial ideas were…
salsa? El barrio?
even 10pin bowling night?
am very open to suggestions.
Post # 6
what about doing some traditional scottish step dancing? I had a great teacher when I lived in edinburgh and I can try and find her contact info.
Post # 7
@jenangeles: hi, hmm, not really our thing but I do like the idea of listening to a folk band whilst sipping whisky…
Post # 8
think we have it sorted….
our day now looks like this…
- 1130 ceremony in registar
- 12pm were married!!! head to Royal Mile to sip champagne in the street whilst we have photos taken by the Cathedral and down alleyways, Bride and Groom having photo up Calton Hill
- 2pm Please meet up at MammaRomas Italian restaurant for Buffet and dinner, speeches, cakes, music
- 6pm We are now going on a private boat cruise leaving from South Queensferry which lasts 1 hour and sails under Forth bridge, bar on boat (holds 100)
- docking back into South Queensferry then spend evening sipping whisky and drinking beer in local pubs.
brideand groom leave 4 honeymoon.