(Closed) EARLY PREDICTIONS..MOST POPULAR DRESSES OF 2013…?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
23809 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

+1 to Divina!

Post # 4
2905 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

One shoulder out, detailed applique in (still)

Also, I think silver dresses will be a thing, and the sheer back and chest area (not sure what that is called) will keep getting bigger. 

Post # 5
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@FauxBoho:  I agree – I think it will be all about the illusion neckline (that is what it is called 🙂 )

Post # 6
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think lace will be big, particularly in the first half of the year. All those brides who saw Kate Middleton rocking lace were buying their dresses for 2013 weddings.

I think illusion necklines and backs may become popular for purchase in 2013 but I don’t think they’ll really start showing up at weddings until late 2013 or 2014. There is a definite lag between purchase popularity and at-wedding popularity due to the lead time on buying most dresses.

Post # 8
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

I think that lace keyholes will still be in. Anything on Pinterest lol. Blush will be gone. I really didn’t see too many DB VW gowns (the one with the flanges). So maybe those will gain popularity, I agree also with the Melissa Sweet now that she is at DB as well.

I would love to see more ballgowns!

Post # 9
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m predicting a tie between

1) ruffle-skirt gowns that more and more designers are making now

2) beaded, deco, 20’s/30’s style dresses (a la Claire Pettibone, Jenny Packham, etc.)

Post # 10
2905 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@BooRadley:  Yup Jenny Packham is my hero. If only I had $10k to spend on a dress. Sigh…

Art Deco in generally is on the up and up (although all that beautiful beading is so expensive)

I also think blush will be gone sooner rather than later and crazy big bird ruffles will go too. 

Post # 12
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Definitely the Divina! 

Post # 13
590 posts
Busy bee

I think Divina too.  I already wish I have that dress 🙁 My dress is ruffles too and I love it.  I don’t care if people might think I look like Big Bird.  He’s even more popular now anyway after the debate last night.

Post # 14
5428 posts
Bee Keeper

Possibly more coloured/colored dresses!

Post # 15
1928 posts
Buzzing bee

+1 vote for illusion necklines. I had to get mine made for me because there was barely any dresses with them out there last year! This year they are EVERYWHERE!

Post # 16
327 posts
Helper bee

lace, illusion neckline, mermaid style is quite popular too. there are lots of brides here that choose mermaid style

The topic ‘EARLY PREDICTIONS..MOST POPULAR DRESSES OF 2013…?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors