Early Pregnancy & Feeling Overwhelmed

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1750 posts
Buzzing bee

@shelbifox15: You seem to be in shock still. It will pass and you become super excited as your belly/baby grows. You have to ask yourself what difference does 6 months really make in the scheme of life? Very little, everything does not always happen according to plan. This is a fabulous blesssing. Enjoy.

Post # 6
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

I do think you will move into a happy period of the pregnancy once the shock wears off.  We were trying, but even we were in shock when we got pregnant the first try with very few “sessions” due to Darling Husband falling ill.

I will say, though, if you have anxiety, I would try to get it checked into and under control before the baby is born.  While I have not been medicated recently, I do have those tendencies, and I recently had to start therapy due to feeling overwhelmed with my newborn.  You can do this, though, and there are a lot of other new mommies out there to support you!  I just hope you realize not everyone else is always happy & glowy, so don’t feel bad if you have some negative emotions during this whole process.  It is a lot of changes, but I’m sure you are stronger than you even know!

Post # 7
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Uh…I think you are TOTALLY normal. 🙂 I am also not one of those girls who always dreamed of being “a mommy” so my pregnancy makes me kind of nervous/excited/anxious. I never thought about NOT having children but it seemed like a distant future kind of thing.

Basically you’re feeling apprehensive because you don’t know what to expect. That’s normal – you’ve never been pregnant and never been a parent before – you’re not expected to know how to handle everything, you’ll learn, you’ll mess up, and you’ll learn some more. That’s how it is with ANY new experience – so long as you’re giving it your best shot even when it’s overwhelming that’s all you can do.

Post # 8
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Darling Husband and I decided to stop BC and let nature takes its course. We got married on 10/10/10. Left on our honeymoon 3 days later… and well… now we’re expecting.

I too had been on a low-dose hormorne pill as well and had only been off for about 2 weeks when we conceived. I thought we had months before we would have conceived…so the shock that not only was I a newlywed but that i was going to be a mommy…extremly overwhelming! I think that its normal to be overwhelmed in the begining… this is a BIG deal! I constantly worry about money and our relationship… and am i going to do a good job?

The only thing that I can really say is that we are BLESSED that we had an easy time conceiving and that Im going to try and enjoy this pregnancy( hard between the exhaustion and the all day sickness) as much as i can!

Post # 9
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Give it time to soak in! My dr has warned me that you can be extra fertile when you go off those low dose pills (aka the ones i’m on). Too bad they didn’t warn you, eh?! Congrats though =]

Post # 10
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Congratulations!  Try to not be too worried because God gives us 9 months to get used to the lifestyle adjustment coming our way! 

Post # 12
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I worry too much as well!  We have not heard the h/b yet so I’m really hoping we can when we go back on Wednesday. 

Is there a reason you are going back for another appointment so soon?  I think it also sometimes just depends on the office protocol and the type of appointment!

Post # 14
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I had a bit of a hard time in the beginning of my pregnancy.  We JUST got married, and I wan’t exactly trying to gt pregnant. I wasn’t “not trying” either so I guess that was dumb on my part. I got pregnant very quickly.

I was excited, but also had some feelings of resentment -like I was writing a death sentance for the life I knew before.  The good (?) thing about being pregnant is that you are so tired during the first trimester you won’t even care about your old life-all you will want to do is sleep. =)

.I seriously thought I was going to have the worst time with the lifestyle adjustment-I was one of those people who always went to happy hour, had mimosas for brunch on the weekends, and hosted parties for my friends. It took about a month to get over it. As for the cost of everything, since becoming pregnant I’ve become kind of awesome at shopping in the SALE section. You can get what you are looking for, you just have to look harder!  Good Luck! It is scary for sure.

EDT-Oh and the anxiety over the heartbeat doesn’t go away. i just had my 30 week checkup and I was just as nervous as I was during my first appointments

Post # 16
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@shelbifox15: haha!  i was married on June 19th and was pregnant by July 14!

I talk about those feelings a lot because I think a lot of people experience them, but feel like they are “wrong” for feeling that way. I did feel like my life was over. In fact, I still feel that way sometimes. Like on New Year’s Eve. LOL! But then your baby will karate chop you in the ribs, and you’ll remember what is important!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors