(Closed) easiest way to approach name change

posted 10 years ago in Phoenix
Post # 3
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Congrats!  If you haven’t already gone through this process, go to the SS office first.  You can’t do anything else until you do that.

Post # 4
59 posts
Worker bee

yup, SS first, then dmv, then all the other stuff.

Post # 5
10355 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Wow, did they give you incorrect info. You have to go to SS first. You have to have proof that you changed your name there before you can change your license. Before the SS change, you with your married name technically don’t exist. The SS office needs your marriage license, not your new ID, to do the name change (along with a passport or driver’s license + birth certificate)

Post # 6
18627 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

He is completely wrong.  You cannot get a new drivers license without going to SS first.  Crayfish is right, you need to bring your current ID, birth certificate, and marriage license to change your name.

The topic ‘easiest way to approach name change’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors