(Closed) East Coast Wedding Venues under $5,000?

posted 4 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 2
470 posts
Helper bee

Do you mean just for the venue fee, or total? I’m doing Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA and the venue fee for off season is $1200. You can do an a la carte package and control how much it is per head; otherwise it starts at $70, excluding alcohol. If you are wanting under $5000 for food and venue fees, you might run into trouble with that many people. That would come in less than $20 a person. I’d look into renting out a restaurant if I were you.

Post # 4
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

Look for places owned by local parks. That’s where I found my venue, and it’s under $5k for the peak season. My venue is on here: http://www.montgomeryparks.org/event_centers/

I’m sure if you look for counties in NJ/NY/PA, you could find their park websites. If you’re up for traveling to MD, you might be able to consider one of the venues on that site. I’m not sure if any of them accomodate 200 people though.

Post # 5
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  We looked into indoor venues in Philly. Check out The Racquet Club of Philadelphia. I believe they sit over 200 indoors for dinner, and have an indoor space for ceremonies as well. They give a great off-season discount, too. I think the venue fee comes in around $2000 with the discount, and they discount all their food and bar packages off season too.

We also loved Power Plant Productions, but I think they only sit 135. But they do cocktail style seating, too, and we negotiated them down to $3500 for off-season.

Post # 6
815 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  There are plenty. Can you share what your total budget is for food,drinks,venue and tables,plates all that stuff one needs to eat…

Post # 9
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  if you are looking at venue fees without the budget it may be hard to gauge what’s an actual good deal. 

Have a general per guest spend or for the ceremony spend may be helpful 

Post # 10
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  Darn. 🙁 My venue does both. I’d keep looking at park venues if you’re not having luck finding other places. It is really tough finding affordable venues, but it’s probably a little easier if you’re having a December wedding. Good luck!

Post # 11
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  I got married very close to where musket87‘s venue is located. My venue was the Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield MA. There was no venue fee- just the cost per head. I believe our package was $45/person in July, exclusive of alcohol. THey do much better deals off season though.

Post # 12
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

What about Florida? Southern Florida is beautiful and there is a lot of venues to choose from. There is an awesome list of venues ideas here http://new.bestmiamiweddings.com/wedding-venues-locations/

But if you are looking for budget venues a good one to check out would be the Club of Knights! But there are various ones on the list 🙂 I do agree though that for 200 people you might find it kind of tight to fit in that budget, but I would check with a caterer for their package prices. 

Post # 13
7681 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
clearlyitsgigi :  Did you find anything yet?  I will take a look around tomorrow.  Too late tonight.  

Post # 14
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Contact some restaurants and see how much it would be to rent out the entire space. You might have a minimal rental fee, and just have and food and beverage min you have to meet. They might be eager to rent out on the 30th since it might be dead (xmas parties over) 

We had out wedding here and it was gorgeous and the food amazing!

http://www.2941.com/private-dining.html

The topic ‘East Coast Wedding Venues under $5,000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors