Ok…first of all….”Frankie Say Relax”. You are doing just fine….it’s not as bad as you think. At all. I worked in a flower shop and I make my own wreaths. Here are my tips…
– When I think of peacock, I think purple, turquiose, citron/bamboo green and magenta or dark pink. I see white in your sample. There is no white I can see in the original. I would remove that. I would also use navy blue in place of white, if you need another color.
– When using flowers, always think more. Always get more than you feel you will need. Always. You can return anything you don’t use. Also, don’t make yourself stick to a certain kind of flower because you like it. Get things you love and things that you like the color of…this will open you to more options.
– To get a fuller effect, you will need to add depth to your piece. This means, things need to stick out more, “flop over”…yours is very linear. Start sticking things at different heighths. You will need to cut some. Also don’t be afraid to put things in at different angles. To achieve this, you will need to make yours a lot fuller, so you can stick other pieces into it. Since you have feathers, I would pick those to hang over the side as they are whispy and flexible. Also using some feathers as fillers would work too.
– You need greenery. Bells of Ireland or something similiar will go great, I feel. But you need a lot of greenery. If you can’t find artificial ones, look for full leaf greenery. Even if you have to use flowers you don’t like to get their greenery…you can remove the flowers for the green.
– Lights are not needed. When you have something this full, this full of color, it will be enough. Look at your inspiration…none of them have lights. One has candles. If you want exra light, add candles (real or fake)…one on each side. Remember to work in odd numbers…3, 5, etc.
– When adding something to the vase, consider greenery…something thin and wispy…remember, you want a peacock. 🙂 This will also give you additional color and volume. I also love the look of orchids in vases…look at your sample. One of them has orchids in the vase that are blue-ish purrple. Greenery will add color, you won’t have to worry about doing it a certain way and it will take up room, along with adding visual interest.
– Don’t be afraid to add more and more. You really are much closer than you think!! 🙂 I admire you for doing this…I wouldn’t try this if someone paid me. You will be so proud of yourself when you complete it!!!
Just so you know I’m on to something, here is a wreath I made… You may not like the theme or style, but I wanted you to see the overall effect… See how I made it “full”? It has different textures, sizes and depths.
Best of luck to you!
EDIT: I just noticed in all your samples, there are orchids…you need orchids. Please PM me if you need help with anything. I am not working and I have the time!