(Closed) Elegant dress with a $150 budget… where to look??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I haven’t been, but I have heard that David’s Bridal has $99.00 sales quite often. You might try going to one of their stores and check out their samples, discontinued, and sale gowns. The only other option would be to either make your own gown or find a seamstress that can work some magic for you. If you go with a seamstress, she/he could make your gown to fit, so you could skip the alterations.

Post # 4
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

hey girly again but i was just on davids bridal website!! just ordered all 4  of my bridesmaids dresses for 250.00 dollars. they have a bunch of wedding dresses online on thier outlet section for under 100.00 and they are beautiful and rightnow shipping is free on all sale and outlet merchandise!!!!

Post # 6
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

preownedweddingdress.com

ebay 🙂

Post # 8
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

What do you like? What style is flattering on you? What kind of wedding are you having?

You might be able to order a nice Bridesmaid dress in white/ ivory. The lady at Alfred Angelo actually suggested that to me… although some salespeople may not like that. Some of them look almost the same as a dress labeled for a bride.

Post # 10
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

the in store dresses only give you like 3 options. i went for the 99 dollar sale and they only had 2 dresses!!! online there are a bunch. so i would recommend making an appointment and see what silouette you like for dress and order online. i went into davids told them my budget and they still put a 1200 dollar dress on me which of course thats the dress i fell in love with so be careful!!! ( i ended up not buying that dress thank god)

Post # 15
2246 posts
Buzzing bee

This ebay seller is someone I found a week after I bought my dress from a China wholesaler. If I had know about this person I would have gone this route 1st because they are trustworthy and all the dresses are samples. The buy it now price is always $199 but you can bid and come out cheap. Probably now that I have posted this though for all the bees to see it might be harder to bid ^_^

Currently there is only 1 dress in her stock because they all sold out fast but trust me that Maggie Sottero from earlier this week was to die for! I nearly cried cause I couldn’t cak out of the purchase I had already made.

http://stores.ebay.com/formalwearoverstockoutlet

Check her later for updates she says she will have more stock again soon.

Post # 16
296 posts
Helper bee

You can also try department stores, J Crew, etc. If you buy online, I would suggest trying on dresses & taking pictures to see what styles you like, and that flatter your figure.

Here are a couple Alfred Angelo “Bridesmaid” dresses that come in Ivory, and are listed as under $175:

Good luck!

The topic ‘Elegant dress with a $150 budget… where to look??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors