(Closed) Elope or go with the wedding?

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Member
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Wow, that is a tough position to be in.

Have you thought about just moving the wedding out a year? That might be the most viable solution. That way you could both make sure you are established with your jobs and you would be able to save for the wedding and pay things over a longer period of time.

Post # 4
Member
5096 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Why don’t you wait before making any big decisions?  Take some deep breaths, talk to your famiily about what’s going on, see if your Fiance gets this job.  It won’t make any financial difference if you decide now vs. in two weeks, will it? 

Post # 5
Member
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think you should wait until after the job interview.  But if you can’t afford it but still want to get married then do the courthouse wedding.  You can always have a bigger and better wedding later.  There is no shame in that.  There is no reason to stress and be broke just for the wedding.

Post # 6
Member
3639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I would talk to your family about it. They are there to support you and are helping pay for the wedding. It would be awful for them, who have been picturing this day for so long, to have the rug taken out from under them.

Also, see how it goes on Thursday, it may all work out in the end.

The topic ‘Elope or go with the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors