Post # 1
Less than a month now girls 🙂
Still to do..
1. Finalize Linens (do i get cream runners and cream napkins, white runners white napkins – why is this so freaking hard?)
2. Finalize the chair situation
3. Finalize request list for DJ
4. Get hair done/eye lash extensions
5. Final Fitting
6. Print out inside of programs
7. Finalize seating arrangment
8. Print out place cards
9. Finalize timeline
Phew, thats a lot to do in 2.5 weeks!
Post # 3
So glad you posted this! I was about to post another one, to see where everyone else is:
1. Print and frame decor
2. Finalize Out of Town bags – Should I put an insert in there?
3. Buy false lashes
4. Have picture framed
5. Print BMs timelines
6. Send out final e-mail
7. Confirm with vendors.
8. Purchase false lashes
9. Deliver things to the reception site (last week)
10. Bathroom Baskets
11. Last fitting
12. Print programs (last week)
Post # 4
- Make our table numbers
- Finish decorating/filling our Out of Town bags
- Print and assemble our fan programs (this will happen after meeting with the minister).
- Meet with our minister and speaker to go over some details (the speaker can’t be at our actual rehearsal dinner).
- Confirm our day-of transportation
- Finish typing up our wedding schedules for wedding party and immediate family.
- Design our favors
- Drop off ribbon at the bakery
- Finish our DJ music list
- Sign a contract for an apartment.
- Decorate our favors.
Things I did recently…just so I feel better that I have been doing things!
- Picked up our marriage license…woot!
- Dropped our rings off to get re-sized (his) and re-dipped (mine)
- Found the stairs that go up to the altar
- Made appointments to look at apartments.
- Picking up wedding guestbook tree tomorrow
- Hair trial is scheduled for this wekeend.
Post # 5
@keepsmiling19: Oh yeah! Need to add that to my list:
13. Have ring re-dipped.
Post # 6
ring cleaned and re dipped
send dress to get pressed and ready for the big day.
finish seating chart display
wash containers for the candy bar
candy bar signs need to be made and printed
pack for rehearsal night, wedding night, honeymoon
send timeline for all vendors and wedding party and parents
wrap presents for wedding party( hopefully grooms men gifts,ring bearers,flower girl and musican gifts come soon…)
make up trials….
Post # 7
i did the seating chart poster and sent my dress away…
gonna put wedding tasks on back burner and do other activities now.. planning a wedding is so tidious. i wish it was over with so i can be married already!
Post # 8
Gahhh, forgot assemble my bridesmaids baskets/write thank you notes. Seems like you guys are doing awesome! 🙂
Post # 9
grooms mens gifts came. so i can wrap those babies up! thank god.. the list seems to be growing and growing…
Post # 10
@asianyoushi: Yuppp I feel the same. Feel like I am making process, then suprise I forgot something!
Post # 11
– Take dress for pressing and cleaning (and later, pick up)
– Pick up his ring (engraving) and my earrings (cleaning)
– Final meeting with bandleader and caterer/coordinator
– Send floor diagram and instructions to florist (and take her handkerchief wrap for bouquet)
– Pack (first, shop) for wedding night and honeymoon
– Book rental car for honeymoon
– Wrap wedding party gifts and write cards
– Write shower thank you notes
– finish vows and ceremony (friend is officiating his first ceremony – MINE)
– write newspaper announcement
– assemble bathroom baskets
– Pick place for bridesmaids lunch on day of rehearsal
– Write out escort cards and assorted small signs (bar, “in lieu of favors”, etc)
– Find baskets/containers for paper fans, parasols, and programs
– assemble day-of emergency kit
– Clean out cars
I’m ready for this! I’m off this Friday (shower on Saturday) and then I’m off starting on Tuesday 12th for my June 16th wedding, so I have Tuesday and Wednesday to take care of last minute details before my bachelorette on Thursday and the rehearsal hubbub on Friday. So excited!
Post # 12
- Wedding: June 2012 - Glades Pike Winery, Somerset, PA
- Get cables to hook iPod & microphone up for ceremony
- Make our reception playlists (iTunes reception)
- Take in my rehearsal dress
- Make place cards
- Finish day-of timeline & send to important people
- Make various signs (like “sign our guestbook”, “take a cupcake”, etc.) for around reception
- Choose beer for reception
- Finish up centerpieces
- Get various odds and ends for decor
And that’s about it! Our final meeting with the venue is this Saturday, aaaahhh I can’t believe we’re so close!!
Post # 14
I have my final dress fitting tomorrow, with delivery this weekend.
- finalize the schedules for all the VIPs.
- make the hotel bags
- buy a gift for our reader
- figure out where the rentals place is so I can pay them
- wrap the gifts for Bridesmaid or Best Man, Maid/Matron of Honor, Ushers and attendants
- buy gifts for my nephews
- write a thank you speech for the rehearsal dinner
- print and assemble programs
- finish punching the place cards and put them on ribbons
- confirm the cake
- confirm the flowers from fiftyflowers
- pack for the honeymoon
- finish packing the house into a storage unit
- bake and decorate 8 types of cookies
- make the grooms cake
- buy a birthday gift for my nephew
- figure out where we are staying on wedding night
and probably a host of other items that I don’t have listed – LOL
Post # 15
Does anyone have a cute booklet they are putting together for their wedding parties? I’d like to do one with the guys and the girls.
Post # 16
got my ring cleaned i will redip it after the honeymoon i think i waited to long. got foundation and water proof masscara –did a bobbi brown make over… ii difinatley need to fill my brows in evenly. they didnt touch them and know noticed i been walking around with half my eye brows. o lordy..
picked up the travel size tolietries for honey moon..
wrapped the last gift
need to do the candy bar signs and redo the seating chart :: yes’s are becoming NO’s grr..
need to make list for things to pack for rehearsal day, day of wedding and honeymoon and start packing.