- 5 years ago
- Wedding: November 2013
Now that our ring is on the way (see post “Engaged in DC! Part 1: Engagement Ring”), Dr. P and I have been searching for the perfect venue for our April wedding.
With so much time ahead of us, we kicked off our search by looking at nearly all the possible venues in the DC/MD/VA area, from hotels to manors to aquariums to the University of Maryland. After spending the past couple of weekends checking out venues in person (knocking out 8-9 places a day– yes we are efficient!), we quickly realized that our dream wedding was in a nice and classy hotel downtown.
Now our biggest challenge was to meet the food and beverage minimums of the hotels. Although they were willing to lower these minimums for a Friday or Sunday wedding, we had our hearts set on a Saturday. So here are some of our findings:
- Gaylord National Harbor – $40,000 f&b minimum
- Westin Georgetown – $25,000 f&b minimum
- Le Meridien Arlington – $8,000 f&b minimum
- Park DC Hyatt – $30,000 f&b minimum
- Fairmont – $26,000 f&b minimum
- Ritz Carlton DC – $20,000 f&b minimum
- Ritz Carlton Pentagon City – $18,000 f&b minimum
- W Hotel DC – $30,000 f&b minimum
So after all this research, Dr. P and I have finally decided on a venue (secret!), and we are ecstatic about our decision. Hope this list helps other fellow bees in DC/MD/VA!