(Closed) Engagement dilemma (or not) . Advice??

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

He asked you not to bring it up again, so I might go with that until October. If it hasn’t happened by October- I would definitley bring it up. I know it’s hard, but I think you should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Post # 5
152 posts
Blushing bee

Well, I can’t speak for him or his family, but if I were him and one of my siblings were getting married in 4 months, I wouldn’t be getting engaged before their wedding.  I wouldn’t want to take attention away from their wedding by announcing my own engagement.  Now I’m not saying that he’s NOT planning anything, but if he’s still waiting, don’t be disappointed.  Sometimes we have to sacrifice things because of family.

Post # 6
858 posts
Busy bee

I dont agree with waiting until after their wedding to get engaged, they dont own the months leading up to the wedding doing it right before (like a a couple weeks before) the wedding I can see that but months before no they dont own those months and I wouldnt want anyone putting their life on hold because of me that just seems really selfish to me.that being said his plan might be doing it in a few months so I wouldnt say anything until after the wedding because he might have something planned and you dont want to ruin it

Post # 7
272 posts
Helper bee

@sweatpea05: Some people create weird rules about getting engaged right around when other people they know are getting married.  My sister’s husband had a 6-month rule, but after they were together for over 3 1/2 years and went to 11 weddings in one year and had 5 upcoming nuptials to attend, he finally caved and went ahead with it.  

The topic ‘Engagement dilemma (or not) . Advice??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors