Post # 1
My Fiance and I are getting our engagement photos done on Sunday and I am, of course, nervous! I’m not the biggest fan of having pictures taken, mostly because I’m pretty critical of myself. Do you have any tips that made your engagement photos awesome?
Post # 3
@lexmek27: I found this article on tips how to look in photos… Also this article on how to look good in wedding pictures gives really good advice. I like the “Be happy. Happiness is beauty!” – advice the most!
Post # 4
Here are my tips…. They are coming from a girl that does not like to have her picture taken and is extremely self critical…..
- wear 2-3 different outfits during the shoot (each outfit being very different)
- wear clothes that you love and feel great in
- wear more makeup than you normally do (may seem weird but it actually makes the photos look better)
- its ok to be nervous or feel awkard during the first 15 minutes or so. I felt extremely weird having pictures taken of me in a public place (we used a park near our house) but I got used to it after awhile
- have an open dialogue with your photographer- let them know what type of photos you are looking for
- props- some people like them (balloons, signs, pets)… I am not a fan put it is something you may want to consider
- HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Post # 5
- Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago
I would look at lots of engagement photos and get ideas!! I just did mine last Wednesday and they were the most awkward, our photographers kept telling us to look natural laugh and look at each other, so not natural to do that for minutes at a time with people around you and your photo being taken. Just try to relax and have fun. But knowing some poses or ideas for photos would have been really helpful for me before my shoot. Good Luck 🙂
Post # 5
Post # 6
the best advice I can give is be yourself – pretend the camera isn’t even there. Be silly – pda is awesome, and let go!