Post # 1
Tomorrow we are FINALLY getting to take our engagement photos!!!! The weather is supposed to be beautiful…81 and not a cloud in sight.
We tried to take photos with a different photographer last fall but got rained out twice (once by Superstorm Sandy).
Any bees have tips or things to remember for the shoot tomorrow?
Post # 3
I was very nervous, that I remember. Wear something you’re comfortable in and enjoy it. I wasn’t crazy about our pictures but we did learn from them that our smiles looked forced and our kissing pics too. I’m not thrilled with our wedding pics but our smiles and kisses definitely looked more natural.
Post # 4
@JainaSKiwlkr: We just did ours this past weekend. I posted this in another thread and thought I’d share…
- Dedicate the entire day to preparing for the photos so you’re not rushing, and you’re relaxed when it’s time.
- Schedule any appts (ie hair and makeup) for early in the day. They can take longer than you think and you can’t always control that. (I actually did manicure and pedicures two days before)
- Have you and FI’s wardobe all picked out in advance.
- If you care about your pics incoporating your wedding colors, have those figured out in advance so it’s easier to pick wardrobe and accessories. (Wanting to incporporate wedding colors forced me to pick them the day before the shoot so I could buy some accessories that matched)
- Do at least one outfit change, and one scenery change…variety is always good.
- Bring a variety of props…they can make photos fun. The simplest prop (a fake rose) was the best for us and gave our photos sentiment (it looked like the rose Fiance proposed with) and a pop of color.
- Decide on the time of day you’re aiming for and let the photographer know. We wanted daylight and sunset picks but actually were too early and would have had to wait around for about an hour and a half for the sun to set. Didn’t want to pay the photog for standing around so we didn’t do sunset.
- Send your photog inspiration pics in advance so you’re on the same page.
- Also, ask the photog for any tips. Ours knew a lot of things I wouldn’t have thought of.
Hope that helps!
Post # 5
@JainaSKiwlkr: we had a beer before and it really helped us relax and have fun.
Post # 6
@JainaSKiwlkr: Well I had mine done last Tuesday and all I would say is to try to relax. Don’t be stiff, especially when they ask you to kiss because they will. I’d also suggest going in with a few pose ideas, otherwise you’ll just be standing there smiling at eachother the entire time.
Post # 7
Thanks so much for the tips. The shoot was so much fun and we had fantastic weather. One of the tips I’d like to add is to wear sunscreen if you’re going to be outside for alot of the day. I ended up getting sunburned!
Also bring some snacks, we both got hungry towards the end of the shoot and didn’t enjoy ourselves as much as we would have.
Post # 8
@JainaSKiwlkr: Cool beans! Who’s your photographer? Maybe we’re photo twins!
Post # 9
@BeeRod527: Bill Stank with Photosynthesis Photography. He was awesome to work with! Where are you getting married?
Post # 10
@JainaSKiwlkr: I saw your post about the Steelstacks and saw who you’re working it.
We’re getting married in Northampton next July. FI and I finally made our decision. We chose Jessica DeLorenzo as our photographer. Very sweet person!
Post # 11
I took mine last Friday. Relax and have fun with your Fiance. Don’t think about it too much.