(Closed) engagement pics this weekend & face is broken out!! help!

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
346 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Talked to your photographer. Acne is REALLY easy to edit out of photos. If you talk to your photographer about it, they might be cool with editing the final images for you (honestly, it is just a simple tool that takes like 5 seconds). Also, depending on your photographer’s style, acne doesn’t ALWAYS show up in photos. 

Post # 4
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m not sure how bad your breakout is, but I honestly use Polysporin for my zits. I just put a small dab overnight and cover it with a bandaid. It kills it by the next day or two.

Post # 5
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Double post!

Post # 6
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Go to the store and find a neutrogena/clearasil/clean and clear product that has 5% benzoyl peroxide and another product with salicylic acid.  Use the benzoyl peroxide all over at night under a good moisturizer (benzoyl peroxide may dry the skin a bit, plus it’s winter), I recommend cetaphil as a moisturizer.  Use the salicylic acid in the day time on the zits only.  Make sure to take your time and really rub in the medication (especially on the problem areas) right after you’ve washed your face/come out of the shower, when your skin is soft and most penetrable.  

Nix the neutragena mask for now.  If you beat the skin down too much, it will just break out worse from irritation.  Continue to use the face wash, just not in a mask capacity.  Esp if it’s medicated. 

What kind of other products do you use?  Like facial moisturizers and makeup? 

Also, make a conscious effort not to touch your face.  All these things are really what I do to keep my face clear long term, so I really don’t think it will completely clear your face by Saturday.  But at the very least, it may calm your pimples and reduce the redness so that it’s easier for your photographer to edit them out if necessary.  If they had to doctor your entire face because of major breakout and redness, you could end up with an unnatural, matte, one-toned face (depending on the skill of your photographer).  Good luck!  I’ve been plagued by acne my whole life, so I know how frustrating it is to have zits come up at inconvenient times. 

Post # 7
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I always try to convince myself that that annoying pimple (zit) will disappear by x time, but it usually doesn’t and that just causes me to stress more lol.

Like JuniperSage said, it’s really easy to edit out pimples (even I can do it hehe) so just ask your photographer if they can do that for you. 🙂 Less to stress about.

Post # 8
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Witch hazel!! Its ah-mazing. I have a friend who has acne problems, used a witch hazel face wipe & the next day 1/2 his acne was GONE (he’s had acne issues for years).

Post # 9
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The little Zeno device they sell at drug stores and stuff works great for me when stuff like this happens! I ddon’t like to start using new products out of the blue because I worry I’ll dry out my skin and make the whole situation worse, but the zeno just uses heat to kill the zit and it works well.

Post # 10
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Photoshop.

Post # 11
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Like PPs have said, your photog will likely be able to photoshop out a lot of it. 

Health-wise, drink LOTS of water to keep yourself hydrated and your skin happier. Touch your face as little as possible, and if you can help it, don’t wear makeup so your skin can breathe. If you use makeup sponges, get new ones ASAP, you don’t want to spread bacteria around. Also, wear a soft headband to bed or braid your hair (depending on how long it is) to keep the dirt/oils/product residue from your hair off of your face. Clean pillowcase, clean sheets. And don’t try too many crazy products or chemical treatments in the next few days, because your skin may react badly.

I hope it clears up for you, but like PPs said, your photog should totally be able to handle it.

Post # 12
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I recently discovered the Clinique 3-step system and I love it (just make sure you don’t skip the moisturizer). Mine took about a week or so to really clear everything up, but any improvement is better than none and you have half a week. 🙂

The topic ‘engagement pics this weekend & face is broken out!! help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors