Post # 1
- Wedding: September 2013 - Franklin Plaza
Alright bees! I need a little more help before I’m ready for my e-pics.
I would appreciate any and all help on this!! Only a few days until pictures!
- How should I do my nails?
What about hair?
- I was thinking either a clear coat or french tip for my fingernails. As for my toenails, I was thinking a bright red to go with my peep-toe red shoes.
What about make-up?
- My hair is naturally straight and boring. I am definitely getting it trimmed before the pictures, but I was thinking of just getting it blown-out the day of the pictures.
Any other advice: What did you wish you had known before taking your engagement pictures?
- I hardly ever wear make-up and when I do its only basic black mascara and a little eye-shadow. I don’t know what do for the pictures.
Post # 3
I think a “looking like yourself on a really good day” is great for engagement photos. All your nail options sound like they’d be neat and groomed. A salon blow out also sounds lovely. If you don’t wear make up that often, focus on your skin being as close to perfect as possible, and maybe avoid SPF products as they do reflect a little light in photographs. Invest in a few blotting papers to keep everything really matte through the session.
I’m sure they’ll turn out beautifully!
Post # 4
Why don’t you schedule a hair appt the day of the pictures? Most people do photos around 5-8pm (depending on the time of year) so have a late afternoon haircut. Do wear some makeup, but not a lot, you don’t want to look like someone else! Do a practice round if you’re nervous. I would do a neutral nail color, but my style is pretty understated. +1 to the blotting paper suggestion!