(Closed) Engagement ring

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

Ours is rider on our homeowner’s insurance.  That’s the cheapest way to do it usually.

Post # 4
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

yup, mine is on our renter’s insurance

Post # 6
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

Ours is a specified item on our house insurance. It’s apparently insured worldwide by them and it ended up a lot cheaper than a separate insurance policy.

Post # 7
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

Mine is insured through Jeweler’s Mutual. To get your ring insured, you first need to get it appraised. It varies by company, but I was able to complete the form online and upload my appraisal to them. I got my policy in the mail less than a week later. It’s not expensive and covers all sorts of loss, theft and damage. They also let you choose the jeweler you work with to replace it so you can pick what you want and not get something “of like kind.” I would highly recommend getting a seperate policy unless your homeowners or renters insurance is stellar.

The topic ‘Engagement ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors