- 1 year ago
I recently had an engagement ring custom made but the jeweller screwed up several times and the ring is still not how I would like it. I’m not going to go back to her and am now in the process of finding another jeweller to essentially re-make my ring exactly how I would like it done. I’ve never been through this process and am a little green and would like your advice.
1. Have you had this experience before (remaking a treasured ring)? How did it go for you? Were you completely satisfied with the result?
2. Did the jeweller create CADs for your approval?
3. Did you see/try on the wax mold before the ring was made?
4. What was the price range your jeweller charged?
5. How did you gauge trustworthiness of your jeweller (I have a triple Ex lab diamond that is 0.41ct and uncertified with no serial number on the girdle; how can I ensure that the jewller doesn’t swap it out for a lesser quality stone?)?
6. Did you get a credit for your gold? Roughly how much did you have to pay for the new metal (if you know these details)?
Any and all morsels of advice/wisdom/horror stories/successes are much appreciated!