(Closed) Engagement rings or wedding sets at or under 500 dollars

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

for an engagement ring, you’re going to get pretty low quality for under $500. the diamond would be really flawed, plus the setting might not be very good. if I were in your situation,  I’d choose moissanite or asha in this price range, you’ll get better quality for your dollar. 

but I’m biased–I like moissanite a lot, and don’t really have a personal affinity to diamonds ๐Ÿ™‚  to tell you the truth, I wish I could go back in time and tell my Fiance that I wanted a moissanite. 

for example, you could get this 1ct solitaire for $500:  http://www.moissaniteco.com/6prong-round-moissanite-solitaire-w-matching-band-p-8234.html

do some searches in the ring board. there are many happy non-diamond engagement ring owners who would love to tell you all about them!

Post # 5
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Another option is to look at a pawn shop :). They have some gorgeous options, and they’re all very cheap!

Post # 6
1556 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree that you won’t get a flawless diamond in that price range.  But Overstock.com has a fairly decent selection of diamond wedding sets under $500.  Their return policy is good, so you can always return the rings if they don’t sparkle.  The one below is $435.99.

If you are open to moissanite or a colored gemstone, you will find a lot more you can afford.  I love this pink sapphire set at Amazon, but its a little more than you want to spend – $636.00

Post # 7
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Look on craiglist, but be careful, make sure you meet at a jewlery store where you can get it appraised! or look at myexboyfriendjewlery.com. You can find some great rings for low budget! I Love just looking at the great deals on pretty rings on Craiglist ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My suggestion would be to consider gemstone rings. I originally wanted Amethyst, but when we went ring shopping, I ended up falling in love with a diamond. Who knew?

Do you have a preference for gold or silver?

http://www.jared.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category|10451|10001|-1|19819|19064|19064.19819|Y

The above link is to Jared’s website, but most stores will probably offer gemstone rings for a price range of $150 or more. A simple wedding band shouldn’t be more than $150-$200, depending on the metal. Hope this helps.

Post # 11
1851 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

This is my promise ring (from before I got my engagement ring), but even though it’s on the smaller side, I had a lot of people think it was an engagement ring and I got a lot of compliments on it. It’s actually a round diamond in a square setting so it looked like a princess cut. It had 3 small diamond accents on the sides as well. And the last 2 pics are the side (it had a heart cutout). It was I think about $115 or so from Walmart. Sorry about the pic size, but I figured you could see the detail better in any case.

Post # 12
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

@jo.lee: i second this! i always check out the jewelry section at pawnshops – they always have really unique pieces.

Post # 13
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@savvysaver101: do a search for “moissanite” on weddingbee, and you will find many threads where gals are showing off their rings. 

also, as PPs have said– secondhand is a good idea too. I read somewhere that you can use your credit card to help back you up in case of fraud, like if you ended up with a fake diamond from ebay or something like that. check your credit card  company for info on that.

Post # 15
3520 posts
Sugar bee

Disregard the engagement ring–my center stone was handed down to me, and the setting was pretty expensive, BUT my wedding band was an astonishing $188 at Kohl’s this weekend. 

I looked EVERYWHERE for a thin band with baguettes, and I can’t believe I found it there.  I believe their fine jewelry is on sale pretty frequently.

Post # 16
780 posts
Busy bee

You can get some really nice rings set in white sapphire for a pretty inexpensive price…  this is the one that we bought for me to wear while my ring was in the shop- $70.00:

The topic ‘Engagement rings or wedding sets at or under 500 dollars’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors