- 6 years ago
I don’t think I ever officially posted my engagement story!
- It was in August 2012, but it feels like it just happened. In August we had been together for 5 1/2 years. I knew the proposal was coming, as we talked about it all the time lol. He was so adament about having a ring when he did it and I knew at that point he couldn’t really afford one, so I wasn’t expecting a ring or a proposal for another year atleast. We had both been saving for a roadtrip to Newyork. His best friend was moving and we had a free place to stay for a few days, so we decided save up and go! His friend lived about 2 hours from the City, and we couldn’t go to NY without visiting Times Sqaure! My dad kindly paid for 2 nights in a hotel right in the middle of timesqaure, I mean I could see everything from our window!!
- We wandered around the city; we went to the zoo, we went to the 9/11 memorial, we did museums, all on the first day. By the second night I was so tired. My feet hurt and all I wanted to do was sit down. We wanted to go to the Empire state building and seeing as it was summer we decided to go later at night around 11 or 12. At this point we had just come back from this beautiful cruise around the statue of liberty and we were starving. We only had about 3 hours untill we wanted to go the Empire so we went back to the hotel to get some dinner. Our phones and cameras were dying, so shortly after we ordered some food, My love went to go charge them. I had been waiting about 10 minutes and the food already came so I was starting to get antsy. Of Course I couldn’t text him, so I tried to practice being patient. I never ever eat without him being there, so the food was really mocking me lol. Another 10 minutes went by and I was highly annoyed and starving. I wanted to eat, take a short nap, and rest my tired feet before we left.
- I happened to look over and see a woman in her wedding gown posing with the police horses and then I see a guy, assuming her groom talking to another photographer. All I could think was great, I’ve been abandonded by my boyfriend and NYC would have been the greatest place to be proposed to. I started feeling sorry for my self and really dissapointed. I started talking my self out of going to the Empire State Building, thinking it would just be really nice to relax for the rest of the night and get up early since we’re leaving tommrrow. Finally, after 40 minutes of sitting alone, My boyfriend shows up. I was so mad I couldn’t even look at him.
- He said his dad called and wanted to hear about the trip. I was like yeah yeah whatever lets just eat and get out of here. My boyfriend could tell I was upset so he asked me If I still wanted to see the ESB, and I said I was actually ready to turn in, but we did buy tickets and we will probably wouldn’t be back for a few years so I made up my mind and put on my most comfortable outfit, put up my hair, took off my makeup, and forgot to put on deodorant. We’re walking up to the building and he’s saying how sorry he was that he couldn’t get off the phone. I was stilled peeved, but realizing how stupid it was and that we were on vacation. I told him about the couple I saw that just got married and were having pictures taken. He thought it was sweet and told me I’d make a pretty bride and we held hands all the way up those 86 stories.
- We walked around a few times and even saw 2 other guys propose to their GFs. I was so over it at this point and ready to leave. But, He said before we go can you show where times sqaure is again. I walked him over to it and he hugged me. He said I have a confession make and I blurted out “you’re my best friend” at the same time. lol it was akward and we laughed, but he said, ” I have a confession to make, I didn’t talk to my dad at dinner, I called your Dad, and I asked him if he would allow me to marry you.” He was getting down on one knee and I couldn’t think. Honestly I did not hear one word coming out of his beautiful mouth. All i remember doing was nodding, and making sure I didn’t miss the part where he asked me If I would marry him so I could say yes! We we’re both crying and laughing and he didn’t have a ring but I did’t care. I had a million sparkling lights of the city around me, and a guy who was pouring his heart out to me in 86 stories in the air! It was the greatest moment of my lifeSo That’s how it happened for me, and I feel so lucky
And here’s the photo!