Yes! More then enough! : (10 votes)
    77 %
    No! (please explain below) : (3 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 3
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I voted no, but my only real advice is to bump up the wine a little bit more. I would add 2-3 more cases of wine to be safe. However, how would you describe the majority of your crowd? You say they are big drinkers . . . does that mean hard liquor? Or do you think most will stick to beer and wine? For example, I would say most of my crowd will be drinking wine, with a good amount of the guys drinking beer, and a handful of heavy drinkers ordering mixed drinks.

Post # 4
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Also, it might be more cost effective to get kegs of beer. Have you considered that?

Post # 5
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I think it is enough total quantity of alcohol but I’d consider doing fewer options. I don’t think you need to have 6 beer choices and 5 wine choices. Having so much variety means you’re more likely to run out of something. I think if you did 4 beers and 4 wines that would be more than enough (just get a little more of each) and you’d be less likely to run out of anything.

Post # 6
    1956 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

I actually think you’re fine because we had similar amounts of alcohol, 185 guests (who are HUGE boozers) and had a lot leftover…Some liquor/wine/beer stores will let you return anything unopened (which is what we did) so find out if you can do that or not and if you can, buy a few extra cases of wine/beer with the intent on returning them if you don’t use it!

Post # 7
    1231 posts
    Bumble bee

are ALL 150 going to be drinking? I’m not good at estimating these kinds of things but maybe you’ll want a little more wine??

Post # 11
    3461 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I would say more beer or more wine, depending on what folks are likely to drink.  I think you have more than enough hard alcohol.  I’d specifically add more cab sauv and more chardonnay.  Beer…hard to suggest what specifically since you have different options to start than what I’d do, but that Guinness is likely to go quickly I will say.  Maybe add more of the darker types (lager, guinness), because you’ve got quite a bit of lighter already (6 coronas/hoegaarden) and the lighter beer folks might be drinking wine.

Post # 13
    3461 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

btw, my suggestions are only regarding optimal amount – you have plenty of hard alcohol on hand, so I don’t think you’ll run out overall.  It’s just if you care whether you run out of one general type of alcohol or not.

Post # 15
    217 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

can you return what isn’t opened?  I know I can, so that made me comfortable over-buying, because I am hoping to be able to return some! 

Post # 16
    449 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

You might consider simplifying, so you don’t have to spread across so many selections, just having beer, wine, champagne, and a signature ‘wedding’ cocktail.

The topic ‘Enough Booze for 150 People??? *FREAKING OUT*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors