(Closed) Enraged: Someone vandalized our car to the tune of $800

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Ugh! I am so sorry that happened to you. Completely senseless but it results in so much hassle and extra work and expense for you. I guess the only positive thing I can say is thank goodness you had insurance that’ll help cover this mess.

My car and my fiance’s car were totaled last month by some moronic asshat who was driving way too fast, going the wrong way down our one-way street, and claims he was blinded by the sun. He plowed into my fiance’s parked car so hard that it jumped back 3′-4′ and smashed in the front of my car, which was parked behind it. Totaled both of our cars. The moron managed to flip his car over in the middle of a 25 mph street. He barely missed hitting our neighbor’s car across the street when he flipped. His car stopped less than an inch away from our neighbor’s bumper.

I still get enraged when I think about it. That was my dream car (an adorable electric blue Mini Cooper) that I bought at a time in my life when I could afford it. I’d spent ten years dreaming about getting a Mini and saving up for one. Well, now my car’s totaled and there’s no way I can afford another Mini right now. I got a practical, relatively boring car and now have car payments for the first time in my life. Any fun extras we were planning for our wedding were set aside. Our 3.5-hour reception has to be cut down to 3 hours since we can’t afford the extra time. We just did a cake tasting yesterday and even though I picked a simple design, the cake for 50 people would cost $400. So yeah, I’ll be baking cupcakes for our guests instead. I really just want to punch the jackass for screwing up so much in our lives with one stupid mistake.

See? Isn’t venting fun? 🙂

Post # 3
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I totally get it. Last week, someone tried to break in to my husbands car. They basically tried to break the lock. There’s now a hole where you’re supposed to stick your key in and he has to use the passengers side to get in. What’s bad about that is the fact that he’s disabled (bad hip) and struggles to get in the car anyway!!! I’m so annoyed by it. It happened at our apartment complex as well while his car was parked in the handicap spot. He has handicap plates so you would think it’s obvious this person has a problem anyway!!! We’ve been struggling financially so this is just something else to add to our plate. I keep telling him we need to find a place with a garage. The leasing office at our apartment said that people try to break in to cars this time of year hoping to find W2s and other information so they can file taxes and get your returns. It’s like get an effing real job and be considerate of other people!!!! Ughhhhh…..that felt good

Post # 4
7905 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Wow, that sucks! I’m sorry. 

Post # 5
2326 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Ruby Princess

wow, one drivers window costs $800? That happened in my 4runner and it was about $150 to repair. Maybe get a different estimate?

oops, edited to add I didn’t see the windshield needed replacing as well.  That sucks!

Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee

This sucks!! I had a drunk driver slam into my parked car at 2 am last year.  She flipped her car.  Cop came knocking to tell me what happened.  Her car was still in the middle of the street Upside down with liquor bottles and beer cans littering the whole thing.  It reeked.  She didn’t have insurance.  8k in damage to my car.  AND the traffic court didn’t bother to tell me what happened with the case. Pathetic.  Fortunately my insurance kicked in but I was still out my $500 deductible.

Post # 7
2639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

People are vile! 

A bunch of cars in our neighborhood had the back window smashed late on Christmas eve. They didn’t take anything, just smashing for fun. What an awful way for people to wake up on Christmas, right? Plus I’m sure they couldn’t get in touch with insurance or repaiu until Monday. 🙁 We kept our cars in the garage, anyway, but we’ve become extremely vigilant about never leaving the car out, now.

Sorry this happened to you! Here’s hoping you can move, soon! 

The topic ‘Enraged: Someone vandalized our car to the tune of $800’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors