Ergo 360 is it worth it?

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 2
1387 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

The 360 is great if you hike, take long walks around the neighborhood, go to a lot of festivals/parades, etc. Otherwise it’s a pain to get on and off. Also, it can be rather warm and is a bit bulky. If you think the moby takes time to put on – the 360 isn’t for you. It has a learning curve and takes more time to put on than it does to run in the store. 

I have a ring sling that I wear around the house and out and about most of the time. Darling Husband likes the 360 mostly because of how we use it (see above). The ring sling to me, is easier than a moby. 

I heard you can nurse in it – but never tried. 

Post # 3
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have a 360 – it was really great for getting out and walking when Lo was young. I never tried nursing in it. After I lost all my PP weight it just doesn’t fit right. It slides off my hips and I just can’t get it tight enough. I did not like the moby/boba at all. With this LO I may look into the Tula and see if it fits me better. Overall it’s great to get out and about. 

Post # 4
2776 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

MrsJet :  I have a Baby Bjorn and a K’tan…and now I’m considering a sling. Why? Because the BB is FANTASTIC to go outside and take long and short walks, perfect to run to the supermarket and carry him around (for some reason the car seat is the enemy right now 😖) and I truly love it. Side Note:I checked my local Craigslist and got it for 30 bucks instead of the 140 it usually runs. And my DS hates the K’tan. Epic fail on that one. Like yours (he’s about 12 wks old now) anytime I put him in there he’s like peck peck peck and then straining to get out so it’s a no go. 

Anyway, I’m considering a sling to him around while at the house cuz yeah, like you most of our days are spent on the bed and couch…

Post # 5
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I just have the regular Ergo and didn’t find it bulky or hard to put on at all (and I’m really useless with these things). My Dear Daughter hated it but I think it’s because I started baby wearing too late (around 3.5 months). Since you know your babe likes to be worn and have managed to use the moby (very impressive) I think you would love the Ergo! 800x easier than the moby wrap.

Post # 6
3020 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I personally found the Baby Bjorn easier to use than the Ergo 360 so that’s my preferred carrier. 

Post # 7
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We use lille baby. Better for the back

Post # 8
3720 posts
Sugar bee

YES. I am in Colorado with family all far away, so we travel often as well as hike. The 360 has been awesome for all activities and much easier than lugging a stroller around all the time. My son likes to look around, so to be able to face out and see the world and also turn in when he’s tired and wants to sleep or cuddle has been invaluable. It also puts his hips in a much more natural and comfortable position that’s far safer than a lot of other carriers. 

I also tried a mei tai (spelling?) carrier and a couple of different wraps which my son hated. He was not into baby wearing at all until we got the ergo. 

Post # 9
894 posts
Busy bee

I have an ergo 360. We also have the infant insert. I use it in my Fitmom exercise class, in the airport, on hikes/walks, sometimes instead of the stroller. It is better as they get a little older. My husband used it with the insert when she was really small but I was never comfortable with it until she was 2+ months. We get a lot of use out of it now (almost 9 months) and I imagine we will use it a lot more still. Overall we are happy with it!

Post # 10
1191 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

I have the Ergobaby Organic & loooove it! I’ve had 3 other carriers, and they were all hard to put on, or killed my back on long walks. LO is 4 months but is tall & has a strong neck, so I don’t use the infant insert. 

Post # 11
9489 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had a ktan and the 360 and found the ergo waaaay easier to use. All that wrapping fabric is a pain in the ass IMO. There’s no way to mess up putting on the ergo.

I personally couldn’t nurse in it, but maybe if you have smaller/perkier boobs it could work lol.

Post # 13
215 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I used the regular Ergo and found it much better on the back than other carriers, eg Baby Bjorn. Definitely worth the money (and i got mine second hand and now plan to sell it as it’s still in perfect condition, very good quality). It’s better for their hips too than the BB

Not sure about the 360, to be honest i stopped using it before baby was old enough to really mind whether he faced out, because he was getting too big and heavy for me to wear comfortably and didn’t seem to want to be in a carrier anymore!

Post # 14
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I got the ergo360 when baby was 2 months old and I love it. I used to have a wrap, but baby hated it and always wanted to eat the moment I got her into it.

We started the ergo360 with the infant insert for a few months, and are still using it inward facing until baby is 6 months. It is the best place for baby to nap when we’re out of the house and I’ve had her sleep in there for hours.   

I can’t imagine trying to nurse in it though, and it does take some practice to learn to put it on, like people above said.  Also, if you are heading into summer, it is hot to wear, and the infant insert is hot for baby too.

Post # 15
1541 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My baby is 4 months old and so far I haven’t loved using my ergo. It’s just hot and uncomfortable and he does t love it. I used my ring sling a lot when he was smaller (he’s 16 pounds now) I liked it better, so easy to slip on and off. I’m hoping we will use the ergo more when we go for hikes in the summer.

I cant imagine how you could nurse in an ergo. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors