(Closed) Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
1 posts
Wannabee

I just bought this dress too and love, love it! I do want people’s opinion on this.. Would this head piece be too much? I don’t want to distract the dress either but I’ve always like the look of these veils. Thanks!!

Post # 18
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

If you ladies dont mind me asking, what size have you ordered and how far off your measurements was it? did any of you get it altered? i just ordered it for my wedding, and I am concerned about the sizing. I wonder if any of you had to deal with alterations yet

thank you!!

Post # 19
23 posts
Newbee

@re2013:  

I ordered my dress in a 4 (which was the correct sizing for the bust) – however, the rest of my measurements would have fit a size 2 perfectly.

I suppose they will just take in the dress everywhere else to account for this, but won’t be having the alterations done until the spring.

What are your concerns?

Post # 20
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Please can someone say how much they paid, if you don’t mind, I love love love this dress

thanks

Post # 21
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@NewYorkBrideUk:  Mine was $1500. That’s in Louisiana so I don’t know what it would be elsewhere. Hope that helps.

Post # 22
2 posts
Wannabee

@cmw:  What size do you normally wear?

As far as Alterations, I am worried about the lace.

Post # 23
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Hey bees! I, too, fell in LOVE with this dress the second I put it on, but as a medical student i’m on an incredibly tight budget. Luckily, my wedding isn’t until 2014, so I have a lot of time to find ‘the’ dress.  Would anyone who purchased this dress be willing to sell it after their wedding?  I’m a street size 2 (so probably a 4-6 in wedding dress sizes!)

Thanks!

Kat

Post # 24
23 posts
Newbee

@re2013:  

I’m typically a size 0-2 in street sizes. A size 2 in this dress actually would have been perfect as per the measurement for my hips and waist…it was my chest that forced me to order a 4.

I wouldn’t worry about the alterations and the lace – as long as you are taking it to a good seamstress or having it done in the store. I’m sure they are very experienced with altering similar lace dresses; the ladies in the store made me very comfortable with the fact that mine would have to be taken in.

I hope I (we!) have nothing to worry about.

Post # 25
23 posts
Newbee

@katblueyez:  

Hi Kat,

I’m not against the idea of selling my dress – but I won’t know for sure until after the wedding!

From the sounds of things – we might actually be around the same size. Keep in touch if you’re still interested, and I’ll let you know next summer how I feel about selling the dress!

Post # 26
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@cmw:  Thanks cmw! I have a feeling you might have a little more to work with in the chest area than me (I’m fairly boyish), but I definitely will be in touch next summer 🙂

And while everyone is at it posting real-life photos of this dress, here are mine! 

And without the lace: 

Post # 27
23 posts
Newbee

@katblueyez:  

It looks SO SO beautiful on you! Wow!

One benefit of being smaller in the chest is that it would make for easier alterations – it’s much easier to size something down, right?

Take care 🙂

Post # 28
64 posts
Worker bee

SO obsessed with this dress! I think it flatters everyone and I cant wait to try it on, i hope its the one for me!

Post # 29
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I just bought this dress and am so excited to wear it next summer! A few of you asked about the price – for me it was $1900 (not including tax) and I’m typically a 2 but got this in a 6.

Post # 30
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Just picked this dress out!! The material is gorgeous and i love how it can be two looks in one night!

Post # 31
23 posts
Newbee

My dress recently arrived, so I went in today and tried it on for the first time. It was fantastic finally seeing and trying on MY dress.

I love the charcoal sash (which matches my wedding colours) but I tried on a crystal belt just to see how it would look…and I quite like it! Ladies, could you please help me decide!? It would be very helpful to have some honest, impartial opinions! Many thanks in advance!! It’s amazing how much the look of the dress is changed with this simple switch.

Here are the first photos of my real dress! Sorry about my blocked out face – I’m not taking any chances 🙂

The topic ‘Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors